Wow! Look what Algar has :) | FerrariChat

Wow! Look what Algar has :)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Dave rocks, Feb 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nice car!! I'm sure Newman will be along in a moment. First thoughts looking at it quickly, I Personaly think the milage may be a bit higher then indicated, however it seems to be a stunning example regardless.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what are those 2 boxes for left and right under the front hood where it is standing V12 on it?

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    looks like some kind of stereo equipment, and its from alpine.

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yup, aftermarket amp. Those amps didn't appear until the mid 90's I believe. Which leads me to think the indicated milage is a bit on the low side.

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Tom, looking at the instruments, it's Kilometers and they did a conversation to list in miles...

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I don't see even 2 extra speakers in that car.

What the hell are there two amps for a two channel system? You don't even need two amps for 4 channels.

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Toe in makes them look too far forward but they should've taken that into account when designing it.

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ahhh. Thanks, Paul.

10. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
  11. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Looks like a BBi grill in the front, exposing the driving lights. Could those be air inlets for the front brakes on either side of the driving lights?

12. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Seats and console have an odd look like they were dyed. Someone should tell them to replace the brake vacuum hose. It looks terrible.

Lighting for the pictures was very well done. It makes it look great. Black BB's look great but on a hot day not so much. Black car with iffy A/C and sitting under a green house window then if you roll down a window the hot radiator air goes right in.

13. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Uh, to turn it to 11?
    Duh. :)

14. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A black over tan BB is a super sexy looking car in photos, but I kind of prefer GTB's with the same colours in person. Blasphemy?

Brian, I've never driven in a BB, but I've been told they have a heavy fume/engine smell issue in the cabin. More so than other models. Is that true?

15. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    My sense of smell is terrible but I don't agree. The old Italian fuel hose is famous for having rotten rubber oozing fuel under the fabric braid and causing fuel smell but that is an issue of poor maintenance. As far as exhaust smell I don't really agree either. If any car is not running well it will have more smell and there are those that equate that with a performance car but that isn't true. Unburned or poorly burned gas is what smells and that leaving the exhaust pipe is power not being made. Another maintenance issue. At idle at a stop with a tailwind you might get some but no issue I have ever really noticed and would be the same as most other cars of the period. On the carbed cars you will get some smell as the fuel evaps off after shutdown in a contained area like a garage but that is temporary. It is one of the things emission control and fuel injection have made a thing of the past.

16. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Interesting. Thanks for the considered explanation. What I've heard was just anecdotal, so probably just the experience of guys who needed to have their cars serviced. Thanks!

17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I never noticed a smell. However, what you do get is a layer of warm air flowing over the car from the radiators. It doesn't smell, but it is noticeably warm if you open the windows just a bit.

18. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Apparently Algar thinks "differentiates" is the more sophisticated version of "differences"?

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Some markets had a short grill on the 365 and BB512 like an injected car (but not interchangeable with the BBi) and the carb'd car has the larger carello lights vs the cibies the injected cars came with.

20. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Interesting, I didn't know that and probably the first time that I have seen a BB with the short grill.