Current 512 TR mkt | FerrariChat

Current 512 TR mkt

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ASK328, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I started one of these threads years ago, have owned 2 and follow the mkt closely. It's one of the cars that appreciated immensely and seems to have come back down sharply. It's hard to find any available that isn't extremely aged inventory at a dealer - they are just sitting still priced at peak MKT.

Does anyone have a feel for what a nice 20-30k mile car is worth today? Would love to have one again to drive and enjoy.

2. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I've was offered sight unseen $160k from a dealer last fall and assume they would retail market it at $180-200k - my car is a clean (platino award) 29kmi example.

Data over 6mos old isn't really that relevant though given such a dynamic market, but it's a real data point.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what please is MKT?

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

market

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you for the explanation
    for me with english not my homelanguage it is always problem to know the shortcuts.

6. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hard to assess, last one in the NE I was aware of sold quickly and had low miles and over $300k ask.
    Not much help I know...

7. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Saw this one popped up today on ebay for $140K - needing a major. Granted it's higher mileage - 47K. So all in - could be $150K - without any negotiation or barring any thing major that is discovered during a PPI.

8. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    More than a few 512TR's for 160-200k USD with a few miles on them. They've all been sitting. There's a nice Red/Tan out of CT I t hink with <7k miless, asking 275, sitting since January or late December I think.

9. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    Also watching very closely. I have had 5 of them between 1992 - 2010 and they held pretty steady in the $100 - $120K range during that time. As soon as I off my last one (due to a divorce situation), they go through the roof.... Lol. Recent evidence I think has them back in the $140 - $160K range ...EXCEPT for the collector grade cars. Those can likely get almost double that range. However with inventory lingering , clearly buyers are on the sidelines. Could be that all the buyers who drove up the prices so quickly were not as price sensitive as those willing to buy presently (at the right price).