Father, please forgive me... | FerrariChat

Father, please forgive me...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Mar 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Don't worry, the TR isn't going anywhere. I swear to be buried in it.

However....Oh, I feel so naughty but I just couldn't help myself.

My new daily driver is......2013 Corvette with an LS3 and a 6 speed manual.

And it will smoke my TR.

Pics to come when it's daylight.

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    The Corvette will never sound as good as the TR!

3. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah but the TR is my crown jewel. This vette is going to be my thrasher.

4. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #4 Mr.Chairman, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3utGASnOkeo

Let the ball busting begin. How could you.. A Vette.. of all the cars you picked a Vette... Its like your having a gay escapade. All good if you go that way but you know what I'm saying. A Vette.. They are so manly and brute.. They show no regard for you the driver. Yeah they are dependable and somewhat inexpensive to service but come on. A VETTE!!! Your at a sausage party now. You disgust me. Go to your room.. Say 15 hail Mary's and hope your car forgives you. She'll probably make you pay for this and honestly I don't blame her. I need time to think.. lol.. Not done with you yet.

R

5. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My thrasher car is an SL600. Twin turbo V12. You won't find a better deal than picking one of them up a few years used (but God help you if you bought it new!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    It sounds like a deep fart.. lol

R

7. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Me like..

R

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Don't be ashamed my Dodge Challenger Hellcat would destroy my F355. But it's not a Ferrari! Something very special about the Ferrari!

9. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Things the corvette will never do...

1) Make the guy across the street run over through traffic to talk to you...
    2) Make your wallet and 403b tremble in fear of the unknown
    3) Make you replace a waterpump seal and google the entire internet to find the magic sourcery needed to prevent leaks
    4) Make buying tires easy as only 1 brand in the entire known universe fits
    5) Require the death of 13 cows to make the interior
    6) Require you drive it like a granny so that the diff doesn't go to meet Jesus...

:)

Enjoy the car...

10. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I've got a 1990 ZR1 and its great fun of a different sort. While, as someone noted, it doesn't sound like a TR, the 4 cam LT5 motor at 7500 rpm sounds very, very nice indeed. Just cruising, its like a Cadillac.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Scott, I'm with you my friend I too have a C6 vette. A convertible with a Edelbrock supercharger. 554hp. Way more power tan my TR had. 41 mpg(imperial) yes 41. When driving like granpa ;) but usually 37-38 mpg at normal speed. Totally reliable and comfortable. Incredible car for the price. My friend with his 1996 Diablo VT COULDN'T GET RID OF ME. I was sticked to his a$$ at all time. He was amazed when he drove it.
    $80 oil change at the dealer.

Definitely not the TR in presence and feel but a fun car to own.

Enjoy and have fun.

OK Mrchairman I'm ready for your blast :)

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I think you may have to ask forgiveness from Father Guido Sarducci or you need to "Find The pope in the pizza" and ask him.

Enjoy the 'merican kickass machine.

13. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ROFLMAO!!!!

14. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Again, ROFLMAO!!! Got tears streaming down my face!

15. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #15 qwazipsycho, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'd love to reply on every one of your posts. You guys are awesome. You're like family. And I've just confessed my sins, made my ammends, and I feel cleansed.

I am such a naughty sinner but us HP junkies gotta have our fix. I can't go hanging the ass end of the TR out around the hairpins on the road to my house but I can in this POS. And yes, it's a POS. That's synonymous with Chevy. The interior of this car is the same fit and quality as my 1992 Geo Metro. But Chevy has come a long way with handling and performance. Idiots just don't know how to make a car that looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside. That's what makes it cheap. That and being a belly button car.

Well, I've had it one day and I've already been raod molested once. First thing this morning a couple guys pulled up next to me telling me it was "SICK". I thought it sounded pretty f'ing healthy. :)

Love you guys!! Thanks for letting me be a whore. Oh, and don't give me any crap about the rags and spray bottle on the back of the TR! These pics were taken after I spent all day detailing the paint and digging out the paste wax previous owner had mashed into every crevice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I almost bought a 2014 Stingray as a thrasher, but bought a 997 C4S instead about a year ago.

Congrats, they are a ton of fun.

17. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You, sir, made a wise choice. I'd like to see that. Pic please. It wouldn't happen to be a vert would it?

Maybe there should be a thread called "What else do you drive?" Or does that already exist?

18. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Glad to see I have some support on this issue here Claude. What year & model is yours? Would like a pic of that too. We can compare stories of both eatin Lambo's and fixing GM trash. HA! Mr Chairman. Pffffhht...haters gonna hate. :)

19. Santino1

Santino1 Karting

Jun 4, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #19 Santino1, Mar 22, 2017
    I sold my 88 TR at the first part of the year. Always been a Porsche guy, looking at a 997 turbo but fell into a 2008 zo6 Corvette. I have the 2 tone leather, build quality, I don't feel it's all that bad and the mechanical parts speak for themselves, advanced composite body panels, alloy frame, magnesium roof, huge braking system, 427 engine/505hp, titanium connecting rods and intake valves, dry sump.
    The TR had the bling on the street and the magical flat 12 sound, do I miss it, not really. When I first started driving the zo6, performance was breathtaking compared to any car I had in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-Os8UWU8o

20. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Excuse me.. WTF.. Putting dirty rags on top of the TR.. You disgust me. Shes a hamper now? Next your gonna have dirty underwear on her.. Don't give you crap.. LOL... Really.. Oh no.. not yet.. Still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. Your dropping a couple of points braa... Don't listen to Santino.. We all know what happened to him when he got to the toll booth.. Look at you two.. All buddy buddy now.. lol... I lve ya brother.. Good luck with your new piece of sh*... I mean new car and enjoy.. Stay safe.

R

ps for gods sake can you get a set of center caps..

21. Santino1

Santino1 Karting

Jun 4, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #21 Santino1, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    I'm curious, what did happend to me when I got to the toll booth??? Let's hear from the freak troll!!!

22. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Greetings. Don't take it so serious. I'm breaking balls. Lighten up.

R

23. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #23 godabitibi, Mar 22, 2017
    Just a base convertible. But the Edelbrock supercharger and aftermarket exhaust really makes it alive. Like you said interior is the most deceptive part of it. Also mine is automatic and it is a real SLUSH box. I can't understand they don't have firm crisp shifts when in sport mode and using the paddles. Shift like an old Caddy.

BTW I never owned any GM in my life other than 3 vettes. I still have an 80 black on red I'm presently refreshing. Just back from paint but need reassembly.

Here is the only picture I have of the C6.

Another thing I don't really like about this car are the stupid electric outside door handles.

24. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    He's being completely humorous dude. No panty twisting.

25. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow, with that supercharger, I'm sure the stock trans is not happy. I can say the clutch and trans in this manual feels pretty good but too weak to handle 150 or 200 more hp without breaking stuff.

I thought the electric door handles, both inside and outside, and the push button start was all pretty cool.