European Exotic Center in FL - any experiences? TR purchase Question. | FerrariChat

European Exotic Center in FL - any experiences? TR purchase Question.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sdematt, Mar 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Greetings folks,

I'm looking into a vehicle being sold by European Exotic Center in Clearwater, FL.

Has anyone had any interaction they'd like to share here? Anything positive or negative would be great, I just have very little information on their reputability.

As well, is anyone near this place and able to take a look at a car for me? I would really appreciate it to know if it is worth flying out or not.

Thanks!

-Matt

2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    If you can get a Fchat brother to do a drive by that would help. I did one for a member in Europe for a local TR in LA. It was a well documented TR here but some how ended up in a salvage yard for savage cars. It was a little dirty but checked out and sold.

I just gave up a trip to St Pete, otherwise I would give her a once over.

But get a PPI from an independent at the very least. If the seller balks....walk.

3. cvogeley

cvogeley Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2010
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig Vogeley
    I live in the area and know the service side quite well. Gabe Morales is a stand up guy, as well as his team. Gabe has been working on Ferraris for many years at dealerships and has his own shop now for a few years. We know a lot of the same people in the business from when I worked at Shelton's in the mid '80s. He is currently doing a mechanical restoration on a BB512i for my business partner and I. My business partner has several cars serviced by EEC and they do a great job. I believe Chas runs the sales side and I've met him a couple of times and is very nice and experienced. He has done pre-owned exotic sales in California for many years. I've seen several of the cars in the service shop getting prepped for sale. If it needs something, it gets done. They recently opened a nice showroom in Clearwater, about 10 minutes from the service shop. I've yet to visit, but my business partner has been there several times. My opinion - I think you will have a good experience with Chas & Gabe. I believe they have both red and prugna TRs for sale at the moment.

4. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The Prugna is GORGEOUS, but I'm looking at the driver TR. It's right in my price range, even with the need for a service.

-Matt

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hi Matt,

I live in Winter Haven Fl, and will swing by and take a look at the TR. I have an 88TR and have done some significant work on mine my car. while I'm not as experienced as a lot of members here, I can hold my own and since I've had most of it apart and sorted, I think I can tell a car that is tired with some lumps or a good sorted car. Not so good on the concours level stuff though. Let me know if you want me to look at anything in particular and if you want to talk by phone before or after I visit. Just PM me.

Tom

6. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Tom, I PM'd you!

7. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Florida has VERY poor consumer protection laws. Washed titles are relatively common in FL. Flood damage is also a far too common occurance.

Personally, I would never buy a car that spent time in FL.

Plenty of cars in the West.

Cheers,
    Vincenzo
    PS: My comments are not meant to reflect on the particular shop in question.

8. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Car just came from Texas, I'll start a thread and post everything in it once I have the info.