Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > Boxers/TR/M

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Maui
Full Name: Scott
Posts: 1,086
Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall?

I've had enough of his belittling, rude, nasty comments on every thread here.

He thinks his opinion is the only right one and if you disagree you are a "world class ass" according to his highness.

Someone put a muzzle on this mutt.

I've appreciated his knowledge in the past but I don't need it delivered with a bag of flaming dog poop.

He is the only one here who continually does this to everyone.

I doubt Rob Lay will chime in because Brian is a "Valued member of the community". Yeah, right. About as valuable as a fart in the wind. As I've told him before YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS NOT EXCLUSIVE!

I've taken your rude comments with a grain of salt, but no more. You either buy yourself some courtesy or the gloves are coming off.
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:09 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lakeland FL & GA
Full Name: Shamile
Posts: 5,598
Geez bro....tell us what you really think?

I'll offer my honest opinion. Sure, Brian comes off terse and a little belittling at times, but I just think of him as grumpy grampa.

I will say, actions speak louder than words. Why should he help us here? What's to gain? If he really didn't want to be helpful....he just wouldn't post. He has been pretty invaluable to me and others on this forum....and what did he ask for in return?
After all these years, I still don't know the name of his shop....so, he's not here plugging for business ( I don't see that as a problem )
I did learn the hard way not to pm him but to put the question on a new thread....so I guess, he doesn't have to repeat himself a few more times over lol
The guy is factory trained, owns his own Ferrari service center and is a known quantity in the Ferrari community. I personally give him a pass.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  #3  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:10 PM
RedNeck's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: in Drive550PFBs head
Full Name: Matt
Posts: 1,723
I wouldn't get worked up over comments on an internet forum, especially if the info is good.

*This does not apply to P&R
  #4  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:12 PM
tazandjan's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Full Name: Terry H Phillips
Posts: 27,107
Scott- How about just not reading his posts if they bother you? Get a life. He is one of the few pros left who will help us, mostly because of posts like yours.
__________________
Taz, Terry Phillips
Present: 575M 135171 Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125
Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
  #5  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CT
Full Name: Sean
Posts: 8,311
I think he knows that of which he speaks, and after so many years of experience does not suffer fools gladly.
  #6  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Huntsville, AL
Full Name: Joe K.
Posts: 235
The OP's post sums up what is wrong with our country/generation because apparently directly worded responses hurt tender feelings. The irony of all of that drivel is you want him to treat you like a princess but then proceed to say the "gloves will come off".

This is why many seasoned professionals no longer post on forums because of the entitled mindset of people these days who believe they deserve to be coddled and be awarded participation trophies. I, for one, enjoy having knowledgeable folks replying to people with direct, technically astute information.
  #7  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:30 PM
RedNeck's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: in Drive550PFBs head
Full Name: Matt
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTSI View Post
The OP's post sums up what is wrong with our country/generation because apparently directly worded responses hurt tender feelings. The irony of all of that drivel is you want him to treat you like a princess but then proceed to say the "gloves will come off".

This is why many seasoned professionals no longer post on forums because of the entitled mindset of people these days who believe they deserve to be coddled and be awarded participation trophies. I, for one, enjoy having knowledgeable folks replying to people with direct, technically astute information.
What does the "gloves coming off" on an internet forum mean? Calling someone a poo-poo head?
  #8  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin TX
Full Name: Brian Crall
Posts: 23,740
Oh and Scott, the GFY PM was one of the nicest things you have ever said.


That being said what you said about Ricambi was out of line. You are an ass.
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:55 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Troy, Michigan
Full Name: James
Posts: 2,946
Brian is very good to the community. Huge asset.
  #10  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin TX
Full Name: Brian Crall
Posts: 23,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeck View Post
What does the "gloves coming off" on an internet forum mean? Calling someone a poo-poo head?
He wants to meet me face to face.

Yawn.
  #11  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Maui
Full Name: Scott
Posts: 1,086
You all miss the point. Simply put, there is no need for this type of attitude on here. Why does he have to be such a dick? It's the internet.

I've said my peace and I'm sticking to it. Brian is a to much of a little whiney girl for me.

If you don't like it, don't post.
  #12  
Old 06-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin TX
Full Name: Brian Crall
Posts: 23,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwazipsycho View Post
You all miss the point. Simply put, there is no need for this type of attitude on here. Why does he have to be such a dick? It's the internet.

I've said my peace and I'm sticking to it. Brian is a to much of a little whiney girl for me.

If you don't like it, don't post.
No. You missed the point. You went out of your way to trash Ricambis reputation and I called you on it.

***** You can dish it out and not take it


What a flake.


I'll gladly put it to a vote who the ******* here is.
  #13  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Huntsville, AL
Full Name: Joe K.
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwazipsycho View Post

If you don't like it, don't post.
Ohhhh, the irony.....
  #14  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Maui
Full Name: Scott
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifledriver View Post
No. You missed the point. You went out of your way to trash Ricambis reputation
Yup, because they are the most overpriced vendor out there.

Keep it up peniswrinkle.
  #15  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Martin308GTB's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Full Name: Martin N.
Posts: 2,569
His info is sometimes good. His manners are not. Period.
Regarding his infos. He often creates more questions and further inquiries he often answers with impertinence.
We are all humans. Some days we are in a better mood, on other days not.
Yesterday I was miffed too. Today I find him funny again

Best
Martin
  #16  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin TX
Full Name: Brian Crall
Posts: 23,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin308GTB View Post
His info is sometimes good. His manners are not. Period.
Regarding his infos. He often creates more questions and further inquiries he often answers with impertinence.
We are all humans. Some days we are in a better mood, on other days not.
Yesterday I was miffed too. Today I find him funny again

Best
Martin
Martin, has it ever occurred to you that I create the questions so people will think it through for themselves?

My parents did not answer questions, they showed me how to find my own answers. Something I have been grateful for ever since. The entire transmission oil thread was to present information and the sources for it. People just wanted me to tell them what to use. I'm not ever going to do that.

You see that as bad manners. I always took it as an educational experience.
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:35 PM
302Tim's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern California
Full Name: Tim
Posts: 1,038
I completely concur with the positive comments above. I greatly value Brian's knowledge and experience, as Shamile correctly stated he brings much more to this forum than he takes--he's also a fellow TR owner and respected concours judge. He's forgotten more about the Testarossa than most of us will ever hope to know. I can easily look past the tone of some of his posts--he's called me out on a few occasions where my information was incorrect and I'm now more knowledgeable because of it.

There were a few posts in the past when I thought the OP should seriously drop the "quazi" part of his screen name, but there have been others where I learned from his knowledge or experiences, it's not that different.
  #18  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fleet, Hampshire, UK
Full Name: Simon Taylor
Posts: 29
Who is Brian?
Not sure I have seen any post from a Brian?
Any how, breathing well here, done a little work on my beloved TR tonight.
Relaxing now, surfing the next and researching my next project as life is too short.
Will be sleepy bye time soon here, so sleep well all.
  #19  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:39 PM
RedNeck's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: in Drive550PFBs head
Full Name: Matt
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifledriver View Post
He wants to meet me face to face.

Yawn.
Me too. Then you can work on my car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by qwazipsycho View Post
Yup, because they are the most overpriced vendor out there.

Keep it up peniswrinkle.
Daniel has been one of the best people to deal with, and in the F world, there are some real dickers out there. He has met or beat others' prices on several occasions, not to mention he offers a 10% FCA discount, which when you are talking F parts, that's a pretty big deal. I'm inclined to believe that you are out of your element, although I do enjoy proper use of the term "peniswrinkle"
  #20  
Old 06-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Martin308GTB's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Full Name: Martin N.
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifledriver View Post
Martin, has it ever occurred to you that I create the questions so people will think it through for themselves?

My parents did not answer questions, they showed me how to find my own answers. Something I have been grateful for ever since. The entire transmission oil thread was to present information and the sources for it. People just wanted me to tell them what to use. I'm not ever going to do that.

You see that as bad manners. I always took it as an educational experience.
Brian,
if I do my designs and have to solve problems and experience lack of knowledge it is essential to know someone who can help.
Reinventing the wheel is not effective. Therefore I often take part in hours long meetings with my customers. Or arrange meetings with parts suppliers in my office.

Manners have absolutely nothing to do with it.
But would you say, that it's nice to treat folks like idiots, when they have further inquiries?

But maybe it's just, because I always want to learn more than necessary.
You really should listen to some technical meeting discussions between me and colleagues.
I'm sure you would have a lot of fun

Best
Martin
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.