Miami Vice reboot in the works?!? | FerrariChat

Miami Vice reboot in the works?!?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rpissm, Jul 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I think it was on a parody site and got legs. Read the second paragraph in red.
    ?Miami Vice? Reunion 2018 ? Is It Happening? - Mediamass

The only way it could work is if Mann was at the helm, Crocketts son was a second generation Vice cop, DV kept the TR (very limited screen time for both the TR and DJ), Inboard MTI 40 footer and Jr drives a white La Ferrari. The bad guy is Tubbs son who is not revealed to be Tubbs son until the season 1 cliffhanger.

Another good director would be F. Gary Gray. He did Straight outta Compton and is a Michael Mann fan.

But casting will kill it. They will flip the genders to make it 'edgy', and 'Katie' will drive a Prius. Fans will call it 'Makup Advice' and it will die a quick death.

3. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    'Vice was by far my favorite TV show ever!! But no way would a reboot ever recreate the great 'chemistry' that DJ and PMT had on screen

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Seems like quite a long shot. So much of the original centered around the time and the cast. The cars played a central role. It's hard to imagine pulling it off today.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    They couldn't even pull of a good movie version. No way does this see light of day

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately true, they can't possibly repeat the success of the show, it was iconic, classic, and a style creator....... I'd rather they repeated the uncut originals than put a half-assed copy out there. Miami itself isn't what it was back then

7. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Agree. Everything came together in a confluence of timing and talent. It captured a unique social, political and cultural moment in the US.

The closest since was The Wire, but that was depressing by comparison.

8. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #8 vincenzo, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Noooooooooo! Not 'Katie'!!!!!

Get Bruce Jenner!

er.... ah.... I mean Caitlyn!

Cheers,
    Vincenzo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #9 rpissm, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Kinda crazy that THIS FCHAT THREAD is #3 in Google's results when you do a search for the subject line! Kinda cool. And BTW, looks like the story was fake.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I totally agree. That movie was very mediocre and they marketed it horribly. I was livid when I saw the previews and immediately noticed that it wasn't set in the 80s. I think that was a HUGE MISTAKE. I still don't understand why they did this? But you have to remember though, back in the mid 2000s the eighties were still very much on the outs in popular culture and what people wanted. Still seen as "vulgar" and over the top cheesey I guess.
    Amazing how times change. Now they call it the decade of decadence LOL.