LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 02:39 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Phil Taylor
Rolls Royce

Never call a Rolls Royce a ROLLER!
You call it a "Rolls Royce" or you call it a "Rolls"
Roller is a totally unacceptable word to the upper classes darlings!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

I have a Bentley in Fl. I think it is a great car.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: HUBBSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
Beautiful car. Much more elegant than the usual S-Class/BMW 7.

Not sure I would ever consider one, though. They seem to scream "I'M RICH!!" without having the motorsports cachet of a Ferrari.
4x LeMans winner, that's good enough for me

Working on deal to buy this baby

Perfect for transporting multiple Bubbles

Paris Hilton soiled the rep of the modern Continentals for me, like this older one better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3706.jpg (50.2 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by WILLIAM H; 05-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: James cline
My wife got the GTC a year ago when we were married and she loves it ! As she would say what is there not to love? Only the best for my Baby!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0055.jpg (88.3 KB, 74 views)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: James cline
Ps - not I am limping along in my Cali T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (99.2 KB, 73 views)
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAM H View Post
like this older one better
Those are the tits. Hard to find the SC though, pricey too. I'm assuming they're built better than the crappy ones from the 90s?
Old 05-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

It is great seeing this thread revived. As a devoted owner of two Bentleys and a Ferrari, I find that both marques have qualities that would appeal to the same type of enthusiast. Some of my fellow F-Chatters have misconceptions about Bentley cars and I'd like to share some insight.

1) The Bentley Continental series that includes the SC was introduced in the 1990's. There is no such thing as "crappy ones from the nineties". In fact, many knowledgeable enthusiasts consider this era as one of the last for the "real Bentleys". The cars produced during that time actually saved the brand from extinction and established today's ultraluxury/high performance niche.

2) Bentley has a rich motorsports history that predates Ferrari. Its cars began setting racing records in the 1920's piloted by factory drivers and wealthy privateers. It won LeMans during that era and again at the turn of this century. The founders of Bentley and Ferrari established their companies to dominate the track, with road car sales providing funding for these activities.

Alternatively, Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini were founded to dominate the top-end market segment. IMO they seem to share an over the top image focus and it would be interesting to see a similar thread for owners of both. I love all four marques and respect each for its unique flavor (and plan to add a RR and Lambo to my collection).

3) I cannot agree with the idea that individual owners have the power to ruin the image of Bentley. For example, Mercedes-Benz has always been the preferred automobile of most of the world's dictators. Has ownership by these despots tarnished the brand? Absolutely not. Keep in mind that no matter who you are, there is a segment of fellow owners somewhere that may not consider you worthy of joining their ranks. A true enthusiast does not care about such opinions. They are too busy enjoying their cars to worry about who else is doing the same. I personally find that the "upgrades" made by some owners are an abomination, but itís their money and car. Also consider that Queen Elizabeth switched from Rolls to Bentley as supplier of her state limousine. Clearly this living example of old-world tradition also disagrees with the notion that a few footballers and entertainers have made the marque less desirable.