New Magazine on Aston Martin | FerrariChat

New Magazine on Aston Martin

Discussion in 'British' started by Robb, May 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #1 Robb, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In Calabasas, California on business. Stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up a new magazine dedicated to Aston Martin from the UK. First time I had seen it.

VANTAGE

An Independent Aston Martin Magazine - the Launch Issue (premiere.)

12 bucks US. Nice photos and articles on very old to very new. I will look for it regularly.

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    It's put out by Octane. I subscribed, but wonder if there is enough material to survive more than a year or two.

3. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I'd read about it on the AMOC website, but when I saw your post I went over to the local B & N and was able to pick up a copy.

4. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I'm sure they'd sell more if it were available on the iPad...

Robb

5. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yup

6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Well I'll be...

It is now offered on the iPad.

That is a good move.

Robb

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    My local B&N apparently doesn't carry it.

8. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    I buy it sometimes at Barnes and Noble if the content looks good. Overall a well written magazine and some of the EVO magazine testers write for them.

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ah, spelling. I mean constituency. In other words, before Octane and other magazines ran the occasional story on Aston, but now every time you see a new issue of this you will understand the history of the firm and how some models are more valued than others.
    I secretly think it is being done at a loss; maybe secretly paid for by Aston.
    But if it is, that's a brilliant move.
    And the quality is top notch for photography, paper, printing, and presentation of facts.
    Yet my theory that a magazine can lift up a marque's visibility is belied by the iso Grifo and Bizzarrini marques, both of which are soaring in value (now two Bitz have gone for over a million) and yet there is no magazine devoted to either available on the newsstand.

10. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I belong to the AMOC and receive a number of great magazines from them as well. I think that they may have sent a copy of this recently.

The history of the firm and the cars dates back to the early 1900s and is quite interesting. Plenty of subject matter to put in to print. Probably most well known are the David Brown era cars. Less so are the pre-war models. The club and the magazines provide an interesting perspective on the era that most of us would not be otherwise exposed to.