Private viewing of McLaren P1 | FerrariChat

Private viewing of McLaren P1

Discussion in 'British' started by dwhite, Mar 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Going to a private viewing of the McLaren P1 on Monday. I imagine it looks better in real life than in the pics. I believe they are raffling off a weekend with the car. I'll post some pics. Hoping it will be out for a potential ride - highly unlikely.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Went last night. Car was brought to Greg's place by McLaren LI and Miller. Also on display were some of his collection, 2 Porsche 911RS (one a lightweight), a Porsche 917K, McLaren M23 (James Hunts actual car) and several other significant cars.

The car look fantastic in person, from the every angle it exhudes speed. It looks absolutely so much more than the MC12 which was also on display. There are different suspension setting, in race mode the car lowers down 2+ inches over road setting, which brings the rear tires right at the wheel arch opening. Had a chance to sit in it, it felt superb, very minimalist and felt comfortable.

Greg drove the Porsche and the McLaren and made the decision to get the McLaren, says it felt better and faster. No one has driven the La Ferrari and he feels as these two are out, Ferrari may be doing a tweak or two.

Raffel was for MC12 weekend.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I guess you mean MP4 12C (or just 12C).