McLaren P13 a de-tuned 650S? | FerrariChat

McLaren P13 a de-tuned 650S?

Discussion in 'British' started by Craigy, Jun 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Just read this article and wondering what you guys think.

McLaren reveals more details of its 911 rival, the P13 | Autocar

It sounds like they're going to, yet again, use the same carbon tub and the same engine block with similar design and size, but deliver more practicality and less power, at a cheaper but still very expensive price.

Perhaps when the real thing is released I'll understand, but right now I don't exactly see the point, unless the price is going to be substantially cheaper than initially reported.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It cant be that much slower considering the 991 Turbo S is 180k and pretty damn quick plus it offer 4 seats. Also, around 200k, you have the very good 2013 12C...

3. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Yeah I wonder if it'll really be $200k or more like the $150k range more like the Porsche GT3, Turbo. The Turbo S is a lot to keep up with, let alone beat, so it seems they can't slow it down that much. But once the price creeps up too much, you're right the 12C will be the same price or cheaper, and a new 650S would not be too far away.

Looking forward to it nevertheless.