Bentley Turbo R | FerrariChat

Bentley Turbo R

Discussion in 'British' started by Attitude928, Jun 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #1 Attitude928, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. somoflange

somoflange Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    Yep! I have a 1990 Turbo R. Mine has some unusual features including an ostrich headliner.
    I just finished quite a bit of work on it. I also have a 1987 Spur and a '57 cloud 1.

3. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    Classic....! Nice :)

4. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Saw that one eBay and have been looking for a grey/black one for about 5 years or so. Tough to find that spec in an `89. Congrats on yours and enjoy it.

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I love them!!!!!

6. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks guys. I plan to drive her fast.

You need special tools to service them (e.g.s to change brake rotors, to torque upper ball joint lock rings, to replace the front shocks, to remove and refit a brake pump). My iceboat buddy does the rest of my British cars, but I'm sure that I'll need back-up from a good independent Bentley mechanic in New York City. Any suggestions?

7. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #7 Attitude928, Jun 20, 2014
  8. somoflange

somoflange Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    I like the Blue!

The main difference to me is the stiffer, tighter handling and overbuilt suspension and of course power on the Turbo R. Interestingly, I like the center console design on the Bentley better. It has a nice spot for my phone to sit that fits perfectly. The spur is a great car too and I think either could be a daily driver... not just for trips to steakhouses :)

I replaced the shocks in my '90 Turbo R without special tools. The only special thing for that job is a spring retainer which can be improvised with great care (threaded rod and spring compressor hooks) Given the chance I would have preferred the factory tool. A lift definitely helps too. I have done wheel bearings and rotors on front and rear, and I did not need any factory tools for those. If needed, doing the rear rotors means you might as well do wheel bearings and the rest also since you have to remove everything. Check out the RROC Australia site for lots of good stuff if you haven't already.

9. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #9 Attitude928, Jun 21, 2014