New Bentley GTC V 8 S. Or used V12 speed | FerrariChat

New Bentley GTC V 8 S. Or used V12 speed

Discussion in 'British' started by schwoo, Sep 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Narrowed it down to a new GTC V8 S $217 or used 2014 3,000 mile GTC V 12 speed for $205. Would not be a daily driver. Used for weekend trips on Highway. Considering resale values in 3-4 years. Like both cars any free advice?

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    More is better, I'd go with the V-12 Speed :)

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I would think used 12 cylinder would be the way to go, depreciation-wise.

that said everyone is raving about how great the new V8 is to drive.

4. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards the W12.

5. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    The V8 is pretty great, but the W12 pulls like a freight train. If you're using it for touring, the V8 is more efficient. I think the V8 sounds racier. As others have pointed out, the W12 will probably be the best play for the resale game.

That said, I would get the V8, because I buy a car for me and not so much for the next guy.

6. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    one of the inter net auto magazine sites recently paired up several brands of cars for testing to include the pairing of a W12 GT with a basic Porsche 911 Carrera to a drag race... kind of like comparing apples and oranges... the basic Porsche got the best of it from start to finish... Bentley is still great car for the boulevard though, even better as a DD

7. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    The V8 and V8S drive better, I have driven both W12 and V8 and I would pick any V8 variant they feel lighter and sound better.

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    A Speed is unbeatable, regular W12 would sway me to V8S but not the Speed.
    3K miles is nothing, a few months from now it won't make any difference whether you bought the car new or used but you will know that you have a superior car that was much more expensive originally to begin with.