Video: Lotus Esprit S1: The Coolest car a Minivan could beat | FerrariChat

Video: Lotus Esprit S1: The Coolest car a Minivan could beat

Discussion in 'British' started by AxerJk, Nov 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    This was a fun car to shoot, and driven hard on some nice open roads. It may not be a rocket ship, but who cares, right?

Chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21Aa2QYsrk]Lotus Esprit S1: The Coolest Car a Van could beat - YouTube[/ame]

2. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    The big US bumpers look pretty awful on the Esprit. Yes another car which was spoiled in the US by crazy bumper regulations.

3. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    One of the most beautiful Lotuses ever. (Except those bumpers.)

4. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Very cool vid. Tony's car?

Your r right they aren't barn burners of the line but once u get the rolling they scoot pretty well. A few years ago at the Great Lakes lotus club track day we manage to lap nearly all the cars 993, 993 turbos, SC's 3.2's m3's, Camero's plus all the Elise's ( lotus North America brought 5 cars to film a commercial). Only 2 cars passed us all day, a track prepared Europa with an updated spider chassis and much to my surprise an old school JPS S2 esprit! To this day I always wondered what was done to the car underneath the skin. It looked stock with exception of outboard brakes and some larger 16 wheels n tires.

Gratten is a fantastic little known track. Very challenge with fast blind corners, jumps, off camber turns.... It even has a mini carrousel like the "ring". the layout reminds me a little of donnington. At gratten, a guy that knows what he's doing behind the wheel can track down the higher power cars