tire situation advice wanted | FerrariChat

tire situation advice wanted

Discussion in 'British' started by 95spiderman, Dec 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i ordered a range rover sport in august and was told has all season tires. when the car arrived last month i checked the sidewall and there was no a/s or m+s so i asked the dealer who reassured me they are all season

fast forward to last night when car skidded in light slush and almost hit pedestrian. checked with michelin and told they are in fact summer only tires. spoke to dealership (where i bought 5 previous rovers) and they said will 'look into it'. i know what i want but what do you feel they should do for me? car now has 1300 miles

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #2 msdesignltd, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What size wheel did you order
    I ordered the 22 inch wheel
    There is only one tire available
    If you have the bigger brakes of the sc then a 20 inch wheel might have mud and snow tires available
    Heres mine ,this winter will be fun, i can tell.
    Which dealer?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    21 which has choice of a/s or summer.
    Yours looks great btw

4. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    They should apologize and change your tires immediately at no cost to you. Their error. They'll just put the takeoffs with 1300 miles on another new or nearly new vehicle. If they are anything less than eager to correct their error, write them a kind letter how their mistake and the incorrect information they told you nearly got you in an accident.

If that doesn't do it, write a letter to Range Rover with a copy of the original, and just go and buy the right tires somewhere else, have them installed, send a copy of the receipt to the dealership saying how since they couldn't make good on this simple issue that is a major safety concern, you'll be buying Range Rovers elsewhere going forward. Always be nice, though. Be polite. It's just a set of tires.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Hoping for that result.
    Worse case, new all seasons about $1500 and then sell take offs for maybe half that on ebay

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    got my response and dealer will be installing all season Pirelli for me at no cost. great job by land rover glen cove, ny and manager dawn. I really appreciate it!

7. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Great news! :)