Inquiry | FerrariChat

Inquiry

Discussion in 'British' started by icecar-1, Dec 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icecar-1

icecar-1 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Topsfield/Danvers Ma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi all, Anybody have any information on the two "futuristic" cars made for the British tv series UFO ? One was brown and the other purple. The series came out in 1969 and 70. The cars are featured in almost every episode. One actor Michael Billingsley, now deceased mentioned they were still around but in poor shape. That was in 2003 I believe. The main character, Cmdr Ed Straker, played by Ed Bishop is also deceased. Both died 5 days apart. He drove the brown one thru out the series. I was curious as to their whereabouts and condition. Both actors said they were nearly impossible to drive. Another car used was a brown Jensen Interceptor.
    It was a series produced by Gerry and Sylvia Andersen of the animated puppet series Thunderbirds...

Thanks...

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #2 toggie, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. icecar-1

icecar-1 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Topsfield/Danvers Ma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, I don't know if they are still around. Michael Billington mentioned in his 2003 interview that they were Ford powered on a Zephyr chassis. That they were in a poor state of repair. I was looking for information as to who constructed them. Rumors were at that time that the builders were going to mas market them but the British car industry in the 70s what shall we say ... questionable at best. I believe only two were built.

Thanks.