2014/15 Vantage GT | FerrariChat

2014/15 Vantage GT

Discussion in 'British' started by luvair, Feb 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  2. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I was wondering the same thing. Guess no one here owns a GT.

3. cafebisque

cafebisque Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Alex G
    I have a green/yellow livery GT 6 speed. The ride is tight and communicative. The transmission is a gem. It's not as floaty or cush as an S. Lots of car for the $ also.

I have a 911 c4s and find that car to be much more of an everyday driver in traffic, and more softer.

Certainly I would recommend a GT over an S, unless you consider a '12 Vantage v12 with a manual, that one is awesome.

4. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    The price difference btwn the 2012 V12 and the GT is substantial. Is it worth that much more? I want a relatively light AM with enough power to be a DD and occasional track day. Which one would be better on the track?

What about a 2009 V8 with sports package? The prices on those is very attractive right now.

5. kylepetree

kylepetree Karting

Oct 1, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Kyle Petree
    I don't know what the difference between a GT and a regular V8 Vantage is. What I do know is that I own a 2012 Vantage roadster and I love it. I use it as a DD along with autocross and track days.

In my opinion the oldest to get is 2009, that's when they updated the engine and interior. That might be your best bet.

6. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for the reply. I was only contemplating a 2009 and newer with the sports package. In addition to the increased power I believe the suspension was changed for improved handling from 2009 onward.

The V12, however, is very tempting. Might just wait till they come down in price a bit more, but waiting is hard to do.