Price Check: McLaren F1 GT Longtail | FerrariChat

Price Check: McLaren F1 GT Longtail

Discussion in 'British' started by Mr. Francesco, Apr 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    #1 Mr. Francesco, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On display at the 2015 New York International Auto Show was a McLaren F1 GT Longtail.

I was fortunate enough to see this car in person, but left with some questions and was hoping someone on here could provide some clarity.

Obviously this vehicle is 1 of 3 road-going examples and still owned by McLaren, but the McLaren representatives at the Auto Show were informing patrons before entering their booth that this vehicle was valued at $35 M USD.

I find that value extremely high, especially considering last year, a F1 GTR Longtail sold for $5.28 M at auction, and was valued between $5 - $7 M. On another note, chassis #28 sold for $10.5 M, which is a regular road-going F1.

Maybe McLaren is right, but I am looking for a second opinion.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There are only 3 in existence. 56 XPGT is the prototype chassis that you saw. The other two are 54 GT (Brunei) and 58 GT, which may or may not be in Japan. 58 GT I've heard may have been sold along with the same owner's LM. Supposedly the LM sold for $16 million or so. I would think the GT would go for thereabouts even though there are twice as many LMs around when you include the prototype as well.

I don't believe the $35 million figure. Maybe that's the number they'd be willing to accept to part ways with it, which I doubt they ever would or the amount they insured it for. I'm not even sure 01R, the 24 Hours winner, would sell that high. If any F1 could get $35mm, I would bet on 01R doing it first and maybe the only to do so.

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Where is the 01R "Tokyo Ueno Clinic" ?
    Is it still owned by the factory ?

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, it's owned by McLaren.

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  6. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    That car has ben around a LOT lately. IT was at the opening of McLaren showroom in Stockholm last year. Have they sold "Mr Bean's" F1 yet? I think that was för sale ar GBP 10mil. Seven years ago they sold an F1 for GBP 1mil at Autoropa in Stockholm (#064 I think)

7. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    The F1 has vastly appreciated in value.

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, Rowan Atkinson's F1 is still for sale as far as I know: McLaren F1 | McLaren F1 | Current Stock | Taylor and Crawley