DB9s---2004-07 | FerrariChat

DB9s---2004-07

Discussion in 'British' started by WJGESQ, Apr 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Seems like there are a lot of low mileage nice DB9s in the sub 60 category.

I was under the impression these cars were pulling much higher prices.

Thoughts?

2. frascati

frascati Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    Yea I have been tempted based on where they sit now but I still need to educate myself on the car as I admit confusion as to the engine (2 ford v6's?) and just don't know enough about them or what to watch out for. Probably a good time to get one - not sure how much lower they can be expected to go.

3. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    They are wonderful cars and the Engine is bulletproof!

Joe

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

certainly very pretty machines. not sure of the earlier version and reliability / quality?

5. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Great cars. I've owned 3 AMs - 2 DB9s & a 2012 Virage. The V-12 is a great engine, with a superb exhaust note. I've had no trouble with my cars. Just traded my Virage on a new Ferrari Cali T. I recommend you go for a newer car - 2008 and above, because the interiors are nicer. Also check the rep of your local AM dealer. One of the reasons I switched is because the AM dealer in Houston, Star Motors, are fraudulent crooks. I have dealt with other dealers who are superb - AM Cleveland, AM Dallas & O'Gara Coach in Beverly Hills. They do depreciate heavily but if you buy an '08 or '09 a lot of the price erosion will have already occurred.

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

good intel from an owner!

7. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Bluff, IL
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I've owned my 2005 DB9 Volante for over six years and it's been a solid car. Actually has held up better than I thought it would. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. When the engine updates in 2017 with Mercedes sourcing, the classic status should then be bestowed to the original DB9's. I'll hang onto mine and continue to enjoy it.

8. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    I think there was some sort of recalls on the dipstick and some other items.

Not really sure. Funny thing is you can buy a 2006-07 spyder for about the same prices as a 2005 Coupe. Lots of them are in the hands of iffy looking used car lots. And no one ever seems to have any maintenance records.

I have seen a few ones that look stunning for under 40K. Usually with 45K or more miles. Don't seem to ever see any running into the 100K plus mile range. Maybe they just don't last that long or maybe people just keep them after a point.

Not sure they are likely to get much lower in price. Sort of wondered whether they are more of a blvd cruiser or what the deal is. They look heavy and I am sure they probably are.

9. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Great cars! I have a 2007 Volante with a manual shift. Fast. Exhaust note superb. Stunning fit and finish inside and out. And everyone loves them. No Aston haters out there it seems (unlike other brands). For that matter, I have a DB7 Vantage Volante that I like very much as well. Another nice car - and it feels smaller than the DB9. You do sit low in the 9, much like a newer Corvette and corners are hard to see. It feels big in tight quarters, but just right out on the road.

Good cars with low mileage, desirable color combinations or manual shift cars will command a premium - and be worth it. There is no reason to buy a car with missing or suspect service history. Shop reputable dealers or private party 1st owners. You can also bargain shop and get a decent car that may be fun to drive and provide good service of course, but it will never have the same value as the "no questions" vehicle. There are differences for each year along with corresponding price points. Refer to "The Definitive Buyer's Guide to Gaydon Era Aston Martin" for details. I would personally recommend a 2007 or newer as a starting point for features and value. The older cars seem to be dogs in the marketplace for a few reasons. Do look for the good car with recent service, new tires, etc. As always, a competent PPI is essential...as repairs can be expensive like any other exotic...

10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #10 jimshadow, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017