McLaren F1 v P1 (video, 14:32) | FerrariChat

McLaren F1 v P1 (video, 14:32)

Discussion in 'British' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Apr 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bziUYnN8Mg[/ame]

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Nice comparison, thanks for posting. I'll take the F1 every single time. Looks better and has a third pedal. :) Plus I love that it's naturally aspirated and powered by BMW. :)

3. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Same here. (I still can't get over the flywheel delete!)

And since it's the sort of car I'd drive alone - the seating arrangement isn't couples conducive, IM0 - might as well go for the LM or an official LM clone.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not sure what you mean. The LM and F1 road car have the same 3-seat layout. The F1 GTRs converted to street use (some of which are painted Papaya orange and somewhat look like an LM) are two seaters. The passenger being to the driver's left. So you'd prefer to have the GTR so it's a couples-suitable seating?

I'd love to see a review on the LM someday like that video. I wish McLaren would let the car be driven for that purpose at least. Same for the GT longtail street car.

5. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I wouldn't like the staggered seating when I'm driving with The Boss.

In addition t the cockpit of the LM isn't as accommodating to passengers as the standard car. (It's far noisier. It has the less comfortable set up on the suspension. etc.)

Passenger seats delete for me, then . . .