Aston Martin v8 Vantage or DB9 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin v8 Vantage or DB9

Discussion in 'British' started by harrysdad, Apr 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. harrysdad

harrysdad Rookie

Feb 3, 2006
    Guys - I'm thinking of adding an Aston Martin v8 vantage or DB9 to the stable. Have any of you owned either or maybe both and can you comment on them?

2. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I've had two db9's. It comes down to the huge size and performance dynamics difference between them.

Db9 is a Grand Touring car with massive v12 in front, it's More like a Ferrari 612 for example. A torque filled luxury land yacht.

Vantage v8 is smaller, nimbler, handles tighter/better. Very different cars. At the time I had my db9 I wanted the larger car with more presence and style and had a 911 which satisfied my canyon carving needs which the db9 wasn't great at due to its size.

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Get the best of BOTH worlds......Vantage V12

4. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    I've owned a DB9 and a 2012 Virage. The DB9 is a pure GT. The Vantage is much more a sports car. Frankly, I think the V12 GT is the ultimate expression of the Aston Martin ethos. And there's nothing like the exhaust note of a big naturally aspirated V12. If you decide to get a DB9 get a late model example. In fact I'd recommend looking for a Virage since it's almost identical to the current versions of the DB9 which began in 2013. Good luck.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    The best of both worlds would be the Vanquish or the DBS if bought used. V12 power, the size of the DB and the agility of a GT sports car á la F12.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    What model years are you looking at?

7. hels

hels Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Hythe
    Full Name:
    Helen S
    DB9 purely because it is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed. Still looks great. We got our one when they were first launched and have held on to it as a classic. As the others say, a V12 is the real deal if you are getting an Aston Martin.