DB9 clutch | FerrariChat

DB9 clutch

Discussion in 'British' started by forzatifosi, Jun 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J
    #1 forzatifosi, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    just picked up a MINT 2006 DB9 volante the other week...one owner and 3k mile with the some what rare graziano 6 speed manual...love the car but the engagement point on the clutch seems pretty high..its fine other than that but just seems a little odd...definitely need a much more delicate touch than what I'm used to in any of my F cars. Anyone else drive a manual DB9 or vantage? I'm pretty sure the clutch is just worn but seems odd for such a low mileage car.. having just spent 12k getting the cambiocorsa box on my QP fixed, i'm not eager to find out how much a new one will set me back.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I've got a 2007 DB9 with the manual and 20K miles. No clutch issues whatsoever. These should easily be good for 50K street miles or more in my estimation....

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have driven a DB9 manual and I found the clutch took some get used to, it seemed to engage with the pedal higher than I was used to. The Abarth Clutch does that too.

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Usually you can adjust the clutch engagement point. May want to ask your dealer if this is possible on the DB9.

5. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I'm not a particular fan of the overall feel of the clutch pedal. Seems a bit rubbery...if that can describe it. The drive-by-wire accelerator is worse. Both pale in comparison to my DB7 and my 550. Still love the car though...and bought it specifically to get the manual...which shifts very well...

6. forzatifosi

forzatifosi Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    J

I've gotten used to the clutch now after a few weeks of driving...definitely takes some getting used to...+1 on the DB7 clutch being much nicer...although I much prefer the shifter on the DB9....to me the DB7 always shifter seemed truckish and long....If only we could combine the two...

7. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I drove the 9 this week and paid more attention to the clutch pedal position at take up. It does seem a bit high, but has always been "normal" to me. I had a Corvette convertible with similar feel in fairly recent history. Always liked driving that car as well...

8. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a V12 Vantage Roadster and thought the same when I got it. Also had a DB7 and a F550 and agree with the comments above. Seems they just set it high