Aston to be big presence at Pebble Beach | FerrariChat

Aston to be big presence at Pebble Beach

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, Aug 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    the DB9GT, their crossover (horrors==are they talking SUV?) prototype, something called the Vulcan for racing only, sounds like at least three cars they're bringing to Pebble Beach concours but since they could only have one on the"dream car lawn" (an increasingly expensive piece of real estate, I might add) they must be having a preview somewhere else on the peninsula. Anybody know where and when? It'll just be between us two....

(and I have sourced a proper paisley cravat, even though I don't, in point of fact, know if True Brits wear those anymore...)

2. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Aston rents an estate that they use to show the newest models. AMOC members might get invited this year, but I think it's more likely that Aston invites you. No cravat required, but an Aston helps.

3. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    DB10 perhaps?

4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I was at the estate in 2013. Very nice event! A CC100 and a One-77 were on display along with the original "Bond car" DB5. They even had a handful of new Astons on hand that could be taken for a test drive...

5. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Lagonda Taraf

200 examples to be made

6. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Was there this year... Project Vulcan, DB10, DBX, Vantage GT3 race car and a bunch of Q customized models. Very cool as always.

7. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    The Vantage GT racing program has been a phenomenal success for Aston Martin and Prodrive. At Le Mans this year, they hosted an Aston Martin racing festival that included GT4, GT3 and GTE cars. It's a shame that they lost out in GTE Pro in the early morning, and GTE Am nearing the end, they had been very strong throughout the 24 hour weekend. They have become my favourites in GT racing around the world.

It's nice to see a small, independent manufacturer like AM competing globally with superb products. A DBS was parked around the corner yesterday, and a neighbour has a DB9. Likely to be my next addition to the stable.

8. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I drove a 2015 V12 car a couple months ago and was really impressed. I think its one of the best V12 cars out all at the price point of a early 458. Call me Crazy but give me the Aston!

9. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Nothing better than an Aston for a weekend getaway on the road.

Joe