FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | Range Rover Sport SC Sport Cat Downpipes & ECU Sport Tune | FerrariChat

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | Range Rover Sport SC Sport Cat Downpipes & ECU Sport Tune

Discussion in 'British' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Comfortable, stylish, and now much quicker: we've unleashed the hidden rage from within the Range Rover Sport. The supercharged 5.0L V8 is free to bark aggressively when your right foot calls upon it and we dialed in max gains of 32whp and 34 ft/lbs of torque for an even harder bite.

SOUND: Add authority with the Sport Cat Downpipes, which unlock a rumble from the 5.0L that was missing from the factory. When you accelerate with vigor, the high flowing HJS HD catalysts allow more volume and a sharper exhaust note through. There is no droning inside the cabin and volume during off throttle cruising is very mild.

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | Range Rover Sport SC Sport Cat Downpipes & ECU Sport Tune

POWER: The dyno chart is a comparison between a supercharged Range Rover Sport that was completely stock, followed by the addition of our Sport Cat Downpipes, then our tuner set to work on our Fabspeed ECU Sport Tune. All testing was done on our in-house Dynojet.

Our Sport Cat Downpipes produced a maximum gain of 7 whp and 7 ft-lbs of torque at 5,000 RPMs to match the extra growl.

On top of the gains made with our Sport Cat Downpipes, we extracted an additional 26whp and 27ft-lbs of torque with our ECU Sport Tune. Driveability is enhanced greatly: throttle response is sharp and you'll surely appreciate the enhanced grunt throughout the entire powerband. Simply send us your ECU (the removal process is very easy) and we'll return it promptly equipped with your tune. Our Sport tune is optimized for the Sport Cat Downpipes and the increased efficiency they offer, but our tuner is capable of extracting power from a stock vehicle as well.

CONSTRUCTION: Each set of Sport Cat Downpipes is precision-machined using our state-of-the art Unison CNC electric mandrel bender, Haas CNC machines, and hand TIG-welded by our passionate and experienced fabricators. As always, we invite you to come by our shop and showroom for a full tour where you can see our exhaust systems being fabricated first-hand.

We're ready to start fabricating your Sport Cat Downpipes with a current lead time of under two weeks! Our tuner is also standing by to receive your ECU for flashing. You can see full information and pricing on all our Range Rover Sport Supercharged offerings here or message me at any time for discounted forum member pricing and insider info.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #2 Fabspeed Motorsport, Jan 8, 2016
    Our Range Rover Sport SC Sport Cat Downpipes were one of our hottest items in 2015, and we'd like to keep it that way for 2016! Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
  4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wow...Its about time this Engine got the attention it deserves..
    Its Just a spectacular power plant..
    Do you have a rear section only available in Exhaust ??

5. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    It's definitely a great engine!

We do offer a rear section, but by itself it offers a minimal increase in sound. We offer it as an add on to our Sport Cats, where it smooths out the aggressive tone to be more refined.

-Mike in Marketing

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Our Range Rover Sport Supercharged exhaust lineup has taken off! Let me know if you have any questions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YDE1p4uFA[/ame]

7. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a 2016 RRS autobio..

How can I get that sound??
    And How Much??
    thanks
    Michael

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S

Michael,

Glad to hear you want that sound!

If you have the LR-V8 Supercharged 5.0 engine, it will fit and sound like that.

Otherwise, we could craft a system for you if we had your RRS at our Fort Washington, PA facility.

9. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    based on your self study, i will get 22 more horsepower, if i go all out with exhaust and tuning, provided i red line it to about 6,000 rpm. most of my driving is 1 to 3,000 rpm, ie regular driving. i have the true sports cars for the agressive stuff.

in the 1 to 3k range, your horsepower and torgue does not match to stock until i would be almost at 3,000 rpm, and this would be under ideal conditions.

- what does this translate 0 to 60 from stock?
    - what is the fuel consumption from stock?
    - does it void mfg warranty?
    - what are the long term stresses to the driveline with the higher loads?
    - do i need to now change to your aftermarket rims and tires to handle this load, but now I am going to hurt when i go to the cottage on gravel roads?

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S

Let's not forget that these mods are also for an improvement in sound. The Sport Cats make extra power in the higher RPM range, and coax out a more aggressive sound without throwing a check engine light. The Catbypass Pipes are even more aggressive sounding, but they will throw a CEL. We have had customers report success of disabling the CEL with O2 extenders / catted O2 extenders, but we do not guarantee they will work. We cannot give you figures for 0-60 and fuel consumption as we did not test them and those factors depend on each drivers right foot, ultimately. Our team was surprised at how much faster the fully modded car is. The tune increases throttle response and there is definitely a noticeable difference in regular driving under the power curve. At the least, the increase in sound will make you feel like you are going faster. :) The components, in theory, should offer a slight increase in gas mileage as you are making the engine more efficient.

The driveline will be just fine, the RRSSC transmission is up to the task and experienced no slipping. While we can be coaxed to extract more power if requested, our tunes are within safe parameters for daily driving and racing conditions. The last thing we want is an unhappy owner with a blown up car on a track day. Big numbers are great, but consistent, usable power on an intact motor reigns in our world. We have a very knowledgeable, industry leading tuner in house that shares our mindset and will not allow any car to leave with an unsafe setup.

Every dealership is different. Some dealerships are very mod friendly, we have several dealerships that sell and install our components. Ultimately it is up to your dealership to make decisions regarding warranty. They would be more inclined to favor Sport Cats with the highest quality HJS catalysts over Catbypass Pipes, that is for use. We can flash the ECU back to stock / back to the tune at any time should you need it (you cover shipping). Modifying your exhaust does not give the dealership the right to deny warranty claims on other areas like suspension, interior, etc., where the exhaust would have no effect. We're not going to lie to you and say you're 100% in the clear, we advise discussing potential modifications with your dealership first, and get that in writing.

You do not need to upgrade your rims and tires as a result of our components. Lighter wheels are very beneficial all around, and stickier tires improve handling should that be your goal. With the full Performance Package, your RR will be a good bit faster and that's a fact that should be respected, especially when it comes to braking safely.

11. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    Thanks. Appreciate your comments. Going to think about it - have to say do like the sound.

12. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Never a problem Vince, feel free to PM me if you have any further questions!

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have modified pretty much every car I have owned in the last 40 years (and we are talking about a lot of cars) and other than my 997 (which I literally took apart) no dealer has ever denied warranty (or even mentioned the words) to me about any of my cars. I would agree with Travis though some dealers can be a pain (I always deal with those who know me and know what I am going to do), but most are excited to see what I have managed to do to the car. There are not many tuners who offer things for the RR (my 2016 V8 Autobiography is in summer hibernation will not come out until November has about 700 miles on it), I had to buy a second steering wheel and send I out to be redone that steering wheel is way to thin, and I am looking for take off 20" black rims (my car came with the 22" and crap All Season tires), so I can put winter tires on. I use SUV's only for winter so the 22" wheels and tires will go back on when it is time to get rid of it. I put a pedal commander throttle controller on (the drive by wire hesitation is pretty bad on these cars). I did speak to another company that offers a tune a pulley for the RRS, but I decided to pass, though I may look into the exhaust option at some point.

14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thank you for this post! Dealerships are hit or miss, glad to see you have a great relationship. Just goes to show you that every dealership is different!

You're very close to us and we're capable of custom tuning your RRS on our Dynojet if you're interested. Anything you want, we can make or get, just let us know! Stop by anytime, PM me anytime!

15. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
  16. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #16 Fabspeed Motorsport, Jan 4, 2017
  17. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #17 Fabspeed Motorsport, Mar 9, 2017
    The Range Rover Sport Supercharged has a great amount of sound deadening from the factory. Our Sport Cat Downpipes sound absolutely glorious outside of the vehicle but we wanted to craft an exhaust system to deliver a more aggressive cabin presence for greater driving pleasure. We designed our Maxflo to emit a pleasing level of sound into the cabin with no droning, even with our Sport Cat Downpipes. We only offer the Maxflo for vehicles equipped with our Supercharged Sport Cat Downpipes or Primary Catbypass Downpipes as they were engineered to work in conjunction with them - highlighting specific tones while reducing drone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_EanjhMOs[/ame]

18. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Catbypass Pipes sounding off on our Dynojet!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKCRqWHCiw[/ame]