New (to me) Aston Martin V9 Vantage | FerrariChat

New (to me) Aston Martin V9 Vantage

Discussion in 'British' started by Jeff328, Nov 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    #1 Jeff328, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a photo of me and the V8 Vantage I got a couple weeks ago. Had a nice warm fall day here so went out for a ride. I look kind of dopey standing there but oh well, the sun was in my eyes.

Edit - just noticed the threat title says V9, that's not a special model, it's just my bad typing skills.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Love the blue!

Enjoy!!

3. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Congrats! Any driving impressions?

4. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I love the car! I think it drives very well, exactly what I expected. It's a 2007, so it has the 4.3L 380 hp engine vs. 2009 and newer which has a 4.7L 420 hp motor. It feels plenty fast. Handles great. Mine is lowered about 1.5", the ride is firm but not jarring. It also has an aftermarket exhaust that sounds insane. When you get on it, it snaps and snarls. The ride and handling would be suitable to use the car as a daily driver. It has a fairly large trunk. Barely any storage in the cabin. No cup holders, LOL.

5. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Enjoy it and join the AMOC. A really great group of people.

Joe

6. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Very nice! My neighbour has a V8 Vantage, and man, does it sound nice! Congrats!

7. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    AWESOME! I love that color combo. What was done to lower the car? New springs? It looks great with those wheels.

8. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Beautiful car. The Astons have really been catching my eye lately. I was bothered by the large central console and 'hump' in the interior of these cars for a long while, but have gotten over it. The V-8 Vantage (used) is great value in my opinion and a very elegant, timeless look.

9. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    Very nice car - is it midnight blue over kestrel tan?

Sent from my spaceship via Tapatalk.

10. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Thanks everyone for the compliments! Went for a nice long drive last night and man I love this car!

It has lowering springs from RSC Tuning. I like the 5-spoke wheels a lot better than the 7-spoke ones they usually have.

At first (say, 2 years ago when I first started kind of looking at these) I didn't like the interior too much. But now I think it is absolutely awesome. It seemed claustrophobic since most cars have a dark headliner. Mine has an ivory headliner and that makes a big difference IMO. Also having the seats and carpet in contrasting colors really sets it off.

It is custom-order Rolls Royce Black Sapphire Pearl over Red Fox (with Caspian Blue carpets)

11. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    #11 Jeff328, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks for the interior pic, gorgeous colors.

Were you able to cure the warning light issue you mentioned in another thread?

Also, have you looked into the upgrade packages offered through AM? I think you can get the car to 430 HP and significantly upgrade the suspension. Not cheap though - around 30K if I remember correctly.

13. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Got the CEL resolved, replaced the 2 post-catalytic converter oxygen sensors and she's good to go. Easy job.

The AM Power Pack bumps the power from 380hp to 400hp for about $5,000 plus installation. And the power bump is all at the high end of the rev scale. Where the car really needs more power is lower in the rev range. Not that it's underpowered, but more is always better, right?

14. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Well, balance counts for a lot too, and it's beautifully balanced just as it is. 0-60 in 4.7 sec and 180 mph top speed with superb build quality - I like it!

15. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Sharp looking car!

16. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

super nice Jeff