650S or 570S as daily driver? | FerrariChat

650S or 570S as daily driver?

Discussion in 'British' started by Pinarello, Nov 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    I am thinking about either but I will drive the car daily, I currently have a Ferrari as s DD, would you consider a used 650S or wait for 570S new car?, anyone use their 650S as daily driver? Input and thoughts appreciated :)

2. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    I had a 12C as a DD and it was very good except after a while I got irritated by the doors. I have driven the 650S and it is a great car but again, the doors... I now have a 458 and it is perfect. This is my personal opinion of course. best of luck, I can say that I did 20,000 miles in the McLaren without any problems whatsoever. My 458 is in the shop because of a warning light right now!

3. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I use my 12C as my DD from April thru November and it is perfect. The Winter is an other story.

Joe

4. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I don't drive every day, but when I do, my 12C is my daily driver. Just turned 13K miles after 19 months of ownership since new.

With the 650/12C, you get the magic carpet ride, with the 570 a more conventional suspension set up, albeit I hear very well sorted and comfortable, but it still does not compare to the hydraulic suspension.

MB

5. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    Any problems on the 12-C and or 650S?, I love my Ferrari as not given me mayor problems but electrical system makes lights pop up often and my closest dealer is far away also thinking of changing as warranty expires soon and thinking about another car vs extending warranty on current car, I am worried 650S and 12-C maybe to much of a race car to use daily ?? And or harsh ride??

6. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    The ride is more comfortable than a 458. It has an English Electrical System, which means it does some odd things on occasion. The same thing doesn't happen again.

Joe

7. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #7 F456 V12, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Agree, I have a little gremlin in the 12C start/stop button. Starting no problem, but about 20% of the time when turning the car off, engine goes off, but the A/C, radio, etc stays on. No big deal, just push the start/stop again, everything turns off, or just lock the car.

My Ferrari reliability experience got better with each car, the 360 was a very drivable car, every once in a while you'd get a warning light, comparing that to my 456GT and F550, you'd think you were driving a Toyota...Yet I never wanted to go on long trips with the 360 and definitely not the 456GT for fear of something going wrong and unable to get it repaired. The other reason was the harsh ride, I could go about 60 minutes before it was time to pull over and stretch. As for the 430, it was reliable to the 360, much lower cost to service and slightly more comfortable, but also it was a Ferrari, so you just never knew when your time was up. With the Mclaren, I never hesitate to drive up the coast, put a thousand miles on or just jump in the car and run an errand.

On a side note, I feel my overall experience with my Ferraris was very good and so far so good with the Mclaren and I believe the reason why is because I drive the cars. Cars that run less than 2K miles a year, to me are problems waiting to happen.

MB

8. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    12K+ on my 12C. Several niggly detail things like accessories on when I turn car off, condensation in headlights , TPMS warnings, but nothing in terms of drivetrain or that would strand me. Doors are silly but part of the car's charm. I'd expect the 650 and 570 to be better and very drive able every day. Really just a budget thing. 650 for sure if you can afford it