Caterham 7 | FerrariChat

Caterham 7

Discussion in 'British' started by John B, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    #1 John B, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've always liked Caterhams and have driven a buddy's R500 on the track a few times which left me very impressed, so I've had an eye out for a nice one for a while. I've seen a few with less potent engines, but never really the spec I wanted.

Earlier this week I took a drive to check out a 2003 Caterham SV with a potent 235 hp, 2.3L SBD Duratec and De-Dion rear in it. This works out to 470 hp per tonne vs 500 for the R500, so pretty close for about 1/3 the price. Well, over the course of the hour and a half drive to check it out, the logical part of my brain had pretty much completely talked me out of this impractical, odd little British car that I would rarely drive. Then I saw it in person, it's really nice. I like the wind screen and old school looks of this one and I fit very nicely in the slightly larger SV cabin. Then I took it for a half hour blast through the rolling PA countryside. The car is well sorted and runs great. It's an absolute screamer and a blast to drive, I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face. SOLD!!!

I plan to use it for track days, hillclimbs, cars & coffee events and of course general local hooliganism.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That is really clean!!! Great choice!!

Oh yes!!! They excel at that (my Westfield used to set off car alarms as I drove past too enhancing the effect :D)

3. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Beauty! Congratulations

4. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
  5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    #5 Dave.0, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Even though temps are dipping into the 40's I've managed to put a couple hundred miles on it over the last week. This car is SOOO fun!