Bentley continental | FerrariChat

Bentley continental

Discussion in 'British' started by Andrew D., Nov 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Does anyone here have a 12 cylinder bentley Continental or Azure and let me know how it is on service and how it drives. Looking for a 2004-2008 model.

2. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Both models only came with the Rolls Royce 6.7 V8. Its a good engine even being turbo charged.

3. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Actually, the Continental R with the 6.75 L V8 ended in 2003. The 2004-2008 Bentley Continental (the GT) was a very different car and came with the 12cyl engine (the W12). The Azure (second generation 2004-2008) continued with the venerable 6.75L V8. Both are great cars but I would choose the Azure or the pre-2004 Continental.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Purchased a 2009 Continental GT a month ago, so far drives great and no issues. My previous C63 and CLS63 were a sportier drive, although felt just as quick (a freight train vs throaty V8) and not nearly as sporty as the Vantage (mine also has the optional sport pack). I can chime in when I've had more seat time, it is my daily driver.

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    2008 was a minor facelift for the GT Coupe FYI.

6. Christian Sasfai

Dec 31, 2012
    Heath, Texas
    Full Name:
    Christian Sasfai
    Recently picked up a 2006 Continental GT for my wife. It only has 15,000 miles on it and looks like it just came off the assembly line. I bought it very right with a few minor issues, most of which have been corrected. So, other than a TPMS fault that the dealer will have to figure out, it's a beautiful vehicle. Very different driving experience than the Ferrari and Jaguar. You can feel the weight of the vehicle, but not in a 'it's hard to turn the steering wheel' sense - it just FEELS big and heavy. I am, however, confident would outrun my F355 and handles just about as good. I am finding that parts availability is quite limited (very few alternatives to OEM/dealer) and expensive.