McLaren 675LT Spider photos and video leaked | FerrariChat

McLaren 675LT Spider photos and video leaked

Discussion in 'British' started by alfred1976, Dec 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alfred1976

alfred1976 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 26, 2015
    #1 alfred1976, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Those rims are truly awful. Rest of the car will be great im sure though. That being said I'd rather they'd just make 1000 coupes.

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I also wonder if this will hurt 675LT coupes on the open market. I've seen a few listed for low 400's. I wouldn't be surprised if that takes a 25-50k dip with the release of the spider.

4. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    'We are only making 500 LT's. We have how much debt? Oh, ok lets sell 500 more then!'

Mclaren are laughable and really do not care about existing customers.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #5 TheMayor, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    It was dirty pool to those who ordered LT's and were told there was only going to be 500 LT's made.

McLaren "forgot" to tell them they were only talking about LT coupes and not LT spiders too. 500 became 1000 overnight-- after all the coupes were sold.

ooops.

Ferrari did a similar thing with the Scud but never said the Scud was "limited to any number" and while the 16M was limited to 500. Ferrari first said there would be no convertible Scud and then changed it's mind (to the delight of those who got one). In the case of Mac, there was apparently deception (or a least those who bought one thought there was) about the total number to be made.

Not a good way to treat your best customers but hard times mean difficult decisions.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Rims really are hideous but easy enough to either swap or at least paint black

as much as I usually prefer ferrari, I would take this over a 488 coupe in heart beat.

7. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkOpLoLfHc[/ame]

8. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
  9. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That chip on your shoulder is a really hypocritical one isn't it? Apparently it's OK for Ferrari to change their mind and bring out the 16M but it's not OK for McLaren to change their mind and bring out the 675LT Spider?

I bought a 675LT and there was no deception. They simply didn't intend to make the Spider and then, with people like me begging them to do so, they decided to make one. Guess what? I can easily sell my 675LT Coupe for a tidy profit when my 675LT Spider arrives. I don't plan to do that however. I decided to have the coupe in a lighter-weight spec (alcantara racing buckets) and do the spider with the heavier heated electric seats and full leather interior for more of a luxury feel. They're such incredible cars that I decided I'd keep both.

Anyone who feels McLaren screwed them could easily sell their 675LT for a nice profit - especially now that it broke the lap record on Trop Gear this past weekend.

So how exactly were we cheated?