Bentley Flying Spur (06-08): Ownership Experiences Sought | FerrariChat

Bentley Flying Spur (06-08): Ownership Experiences Sought

Discussion in 'British' started by TroyNVie, Apr 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TroyNVie

TroyNVie Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Starting to look for my next (mostly) daily driver: something in the $45k-$65k range, preferably AWD, very comfortable, and rather uncommon/"exclusive"; while 4-door is preferred, 2-door is acceptable. Ideally the vehicle will be relatively reliable with reasonable maintenance requirements. Note that I do have a Gallardo convertible for nice weekends and Mercedes SUV for snow/hauling.

Looking for forum members' personal experiences with their Bentley Flying Spur ('06-08). Enjoyable car to drive regularly and own? Reliable?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    I've previously had two spurs and also two GT's. I much preferred the spur over the GT. The driving position is better, I think that the screen has a more upright rake and there may be more headroom. I had a non mulliner spec car and that gave comfort ventilated seats which you don't get with a mulliner car. The sunroof is a nice option too as are soft close doors. I found it very relaxing to drive. It has plenty of power and I did not find the size of the car a problem at all. I don't remember having any issues on either car. My first was an 05 and the second an 07. I preferred the 05, it was silver tempest with portland. I should have kept that car. There is of course ample leg room in the back. I would buy one again. I never felt like a chauffeur when I drove it either.

3. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thx for starting this thread, anxious as well for fellow fchat member input on B gt and flying spur.

4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I have a 2013 Conti GT LeMans edition with Mulliner spec and use it as a daily driver for the last 3 years driving it 3-4x/week (Mind you in the summer I probably only drive 1x/week as I have a 458 coupe and 488 Spider).

No issues with it, as a matter of fact just bought extended 2 year Bentley warranty on it since we opted to keep it. Great car only wished I bought it few years earlier since its been such a pleasure to drive and dependable.

5. TroyNVie

TroyNVie Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    #5 TroyNVie, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Essentially "bumping" my thread from last year as I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a '06 Flying Spur to be used as a daily driver - any further comments, thoughts, or experiences?

Looking for something rather different, luxurious, comfortable, AWD, and reliable in the $45k - $60k range. Prefer the look of the GT, but believe the extra set of doors may be of use in the coming year....

6. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    I put 131k miles on my 05 gt, with no major problems or issues at all. Wife has a 2014 Spur and so far so good. They are real cars, we use them in all weather, and they are as reliable as the VWs they are really are (perhaps better).

A