Range Rover Sport | FerrariChat

Range Rover Sport

Discussion in 'British' started by Husker, May 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I am dismayed by how poorly Consumer Reports ranks these, although I am only 10 days into ownership.

The last car that I owned that felt this solid was a Mercedes C240 way back in 1997. While that car was nothing special performance-wise, you could feel the quality of everything - it felt vault-like.

The Range Rover Sport feels similar. The fit and finish is outstanding. The leather is very soft. All of the controls are pretty intuitive. Transmission is smooth as silk. Paint work is first class.

My only guess on CR is that there are so many creature comforts on these, that there is more to "go wrong" as time goes on.

Overall I am very pleased, although this is my wife's car, and now I have the "new car" bug.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought a 2016 RRS V8 Supercharged autobiography a few months ago. I only put about 700 miles on it before it went into storage (will come back out in November), I had a new thicker steering wheel made for it and put on a throttle controller (too much drive by wire lag for me), changed the air filters, and will have the 22" wheels and tires changed before it goes back out on the road. I think it is a very nice vehicle (obviously since I bought one), I don't pay much attention to what any publications says about cars though, never did, never will.