Thoughts on AM Vantage V12 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on AM Vantage V12

Discussion in 'British' started by twist-a-grip, Jun 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I have 3 dedicated DDs, but one of them was a 15 Z07 that is being replaced by an ACR which will be setup for 90-95% track duty, so I'm looking for an engaging V10 or V12 in the $100k or less range and came across the Vantage V12 Carbon Black. I'd prefer a manual, so I was really interested. Not much came up in my search about them here, so I'm wondering if it isn't the best bang for my buck or maybe just not that great of a car. Looks great, sounds great (per youtube), and seems to have taken its typical AM depreciation hit - to me, that seems like a great buy. Is my money better spent elsewhere, or is this a phenomenal car?

2. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I would suggest you spend a few hours researching similar questions posed in the Aston Martin sections of the Pistonheads and 6 Speed Online forums. You will learn that the manual V12V is indeed a truly phenomenal car.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Vantage Carbon Black is a very rare and special car. It's all the power plant the Vantage really needed and it very well built. If it is at that price point I'd do it.

I've instructed one at the track for a weekend. Cannot say enough great things about it and I've had my time in a handful of V8 Vantages, another V12 Vantage, Rapides, and even a few DB9's.