Sunbeam Tiger prices | FerrariChat

Sunbeam Tiger prices

Discussion in 'British' started by Yoric, Jun 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    Are Sunbeam Tiger prices really in the $60K to $90K range? Today I looked at two nice cars, both non-original engines and non original colors, and firm prices were $65K and $70+K respectively. Both were Mk 1A (1966 & 1967) cars. Both, suffered from overheating, poor brakes and still needed sorting out. I was not sufficiently impressed to make an offer. What am I missing?

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Unfortunately, yes - that seems to be the case. I've been looking at these for about the past 2-3 years, and they have gone up.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I have an alternate idea ... for the same $80,000 buy a last year Dodge Viper. Warranty, AC, fully "sorted out" and - in five years - a collector's neo-classic. And, oh yeah, it has 2 things a Tiger never had, namely eye-bulging speed and a decent racing pedigree.

4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Or a quality factory built Cobra replica. The authentic style slab side 289s are hot now. You could get a very nice one with a hot stroker small block. MkIII roadsters (street 427 style Cobras w/rear exhaust) are fun as well. Old school charm and feel for less $$ than a Tigger.

5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    ... or what is a latter day Tiger, namely a Triumph TR 8.

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Flyin Miata, pocket $60k ;)

7. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Edit: In all seriousness, the rising tide is affecting everything. The Viper suggestion was a good idea too.

8. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I'm holding out for a white with red interior mid-year Corvette roadster. 65-67 small block. Prices are modest relative to the rest of the market and may come down if the rest of the market softens. A 97 Viper is not a bad idea right now either. More appealing now than they were back in the day....