You are invited .... | FerrariChat

You are invited ....

Discussion in 'British' started by XJ13, Jul 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XJ13

XJ13 Rookie

May 13, 2011
    Shropshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Neville Swales
    #1 XJ13, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I hope this is an appropriate part of the forum to let fellow-enthusiasts know about a forthcoming UK event?

OK, I know there is a Jaguar bias and many of you live outside the UK, but subscribers to this forum are invited to see & hear Jaguar's quad-cam V12 prototype engine powering my "tool-room copy" of the XJ13 - as well as other classic racecars. Also including examples of Jaguar's iconic cars as they circulate round Curborough's small and friendly Sprint Circuit in Staffordshire, UK. We hope to include examples of the cars Jaguar's XJ13 should have squared up against in 1965/66 onwards - the mighty GT40 as well as your sublime Ferraris.

We will be joined on the day by original Jaguar XJ13 Project Team members, ex-Jaguar VIPs, representatives of the Sayer family and fellow-enthusiasts.

Tuesday 9th August 2016
    11am - 4pm
    Curborough Sprint Circuit, Staffordshire, UK

ENTRANCE TO THIS INFORMAL GATHERING IS BY PRIOR INVITATION ONLY. If you are interested in joining us please message me and request an invite. You can also make contact by clicking here - MAKE CONTACT

There is no charge for admission.

Come and join us! - preferably with your Le Mans Ferrari, classic Jaguar, GT40 etc - replicas welcome.

Join us to celebrate two anniversaries:

* 50 years since Jaguar's stillborn XJ13 Le Mans Prototype racecar first ventured out of the Competition Department in Coventry. Sadly, the original car was destined never to turn a wheel in anger.

and

* 100 years since the birth of design genius Malcolm Sayer - designer of Jaguar's iconic classic race-cars, C-Type, D-Type, E-Type and XJ13.

Cars include my XJ13 re-creation (shown below), the Jaguar D-Type, 9600 HP (the Geneva Motor Show E-Type) and others:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Looks amazing