DB9 700 Mile Roadtrip + met FChat Member | FerrariChat

DB9 700 Mile Roadtrip + met FChat Member

Discussion in 'British' started by jimshadow, Oct 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #1 jimshadow, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Drove my DB9 from Fort Wayne to Madison, Wisconsin and back over the last 3 days. Such a GREAT car for a long road trip!!! The car performed flawlessly. Only 1 incident on the road where 2 Semi's converged on me when the one right of me was cut off by a merging driver. Very scary moment when I downshifted and threaded the needle between them. (HEAVY traffic behind me prevented me hammering the brakes)

Along the way I met up with Speedracer800. What a great guy and a great resource to this forum! He was very gracious and took the time to show me how to start my headliner project including sharing the part #'s of all the parts that I'll need. I bought a DBS shifter from him and can't wait to get it installed when I re-do my sagging headliner this fall. Got to spy his DBS, which is absolutely STUNNING!

Here are a couple pics. The first one is the day before right after I got her all cleaned up for the trip. Had to pull it up to the GT3 for a yellow on yellow pic. The second one is outside my colleagues office in Madison.

Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    They are fabulous cars and wonderful road cars. On the highway it is like sitting in your living room with a V 12, when you want it.
    I'm on my second one and love it.

Joe

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Never seen a Yellow Aston before, looks fabulous!

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Thanks! Pretty sure it's 1 of 1 in 2007. :)

Jim

5. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Hey Jim, great story and beautiful DB9!

I also just bought a DBS shifter for my Vantage from Speedracer800 - I'm installing it today :)

6. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Funny you mention that....I bought one as well!!!! I'll be installing mine over the winter when I pull and re-do the sagging headliner.

Jim

7. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words Jim.. The pleasure was all mine. So glad to hear the rest of your trip went so well.

I've got 2 more of these shift knobs left if I missed anyone.. Lol. Looking forward to seeing some photos after the installs.