VIN Code for Evora Sport Package? | FerrariChat

VIN Code for Evora Sport Package?

Discussion in 'British' started by David Lind, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    The Lotus Evora that is NOT an "S" model has an optional sport package that is universally deemed to be highly desirable. Does anyone know a foolproof method of determining whether a non-S model has the sport pack? It would seem that there must be a digit or series of numbers in the VIN which determine such information. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It isn't in the VIN. I have the VIN decoder - need to re-subscribe to attach it though.

The easiest way would be to call Lotus customer support at the factory in the UK (lovely people to deal with). If you give them the VIN they will have the build sheet and can advise with certainty on specifications as it left the factory.

3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have done a build sheet on my Evora 2010 NA. If you have the Sport pack you will have these items. Sport Button. You will have the Sport rear diffuser, I believe at least in my year we all had the Titanium tips on our exhaust (Sports Exhaust was a part of the sports package). Other items were the Forged rims and Sports ratio gear box.

What year of Evora are you looking at? Some of what they came with is year specific.

4. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Any year but year one (for NA). I've heard that the sport package on the non-S models was essential.
    Thanks!

5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    BTW, the only reason I'm trying to avoid NA year one is the battery drain issue, which I think was resolved in later models.

6. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    Battery drain issue has nothing to do with year and newer models came with battery tenders

7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    LOTUS1, I'll just ask you: is there a battery drain issue with Evoras? In several places I had read that was the case, but if you can enlighten me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

8. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    If a car sits for months on end, any car's battery will drain. In Lotus case, since these aren't the fastest selling cars it tends to sit on dealers lots for a very long time hence why Lotus started including battery tenders later on (I believe on MY12 on up).

9. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Lotus 1 thanks for the answer. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Furthermore, while I now know there was a problem with dead batteries, I also know it had nothing to do with a flaw in the Evora.
    Thanks!