Bentley V8 Reliability | FerrariChat

Bentley V8 Reliability

Discussion in 'British' started by Scott98, Mar 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Anyone know if the new Continental GT V8 is turning out to be reliable? Are the maintenance costs significantly lower than the W12? One thing I'm particularly curious about is if the engine has to come out as much for some basic repairs? I'm having trouble finding any information online.

Thanks,

Scott

2. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No proof, but I'd be willing to be they're quite reliable, it's an Audi V8.

Continental GTs are tacky and played out imo.

3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    i have been following the V12 continental and the resale value is a masacre. It makes Aston and Benz look really good. Do these car have such maintenance issues?
    I mean an 06 typically goes inthe 40s to 50Ks with very little miles that is unheared off for the high end cars.

For what i recall, they got good reviews back then and the interior is high quality. what happened?

4. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    When they break, they aren't cheap to fix. Do you really want to pay for an engine out service because your O2 sensor failed? That's why I'm curious to hear if the V8s are any different. I would love to have one.

Scott

5. boneislpilot

boneislpilot Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Scott, I owned a 2013 GT V8 for 2 years. It was a fantastic car. No problems whatsoever. It was so luxurious and comfortable I would be doing 100 by accident and felt like 65mph. I never had one issue. My friend just bought a new GTCV8. He was in a 2 dr Maserati. He loves his as well. They are solid cars.

I would own another one in a heartbeat and if I don't get a Ghost for my next driver I will get another Bentley.

Also I see you are in Hollywood. We are neighbors I'm in Miami Beach

6. boneislpilot

boneislpilot Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't think that's unheard of. An '06 is an 11 yr old car! What's a '06 S500 sell for? Luxury cars typically depreciate considerably because most buyers don't want a 6 yr old car and the ones that might can't afford to maintain it without a warranty. You can buy a 3 yr old RR Ghost that cost $350,000 new for $150,000 at the dealer. I just looked at one.

Doesn't mean they are bad cars. It's a personal financial decision. Does someone want a used Bentley or RR with no warranty for the same money as a loaded S63 with full warranty???

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I've owned a W12 (2009 GT) and now a V8 (2014 GTC) Bentley, as OP said they are reliable cars and I have had no issues. The V8 variants are well within CPO range and most are still under factory warranty. I would not pay for the CPO ($4k/yr) imho.

As for depreciation, it seems about right. An 06 Vantage can be had in the 40s and even less so can a Maserati. Ferrari's around that model year are around or sub-100k even.

8. boneislpilot

boneislpilot Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hey Town, how did your W12 compare to your V8 performancewise? I loved the V8 but never drove the W12.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I posted in another thread i spent some time a few mos back picking the brains of some of the techs and service managers at our dealer. They said the GT/Flying Spur platform is the best used Bentley choice, and that dealer warranties are available pretty far back (8-10 model years?).

10. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    But do the V8 engines have to be pulled for certain basic repairs like the W12s do?

Scott