Who owns Aston? | FerrariChat

Who owns Aston?

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, May 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    When I was at the Graystone Mansion concours yesterday (May 7th) I asked their rep and I thought he said a family from Qatar but a newspaper report says a Kuwait consortium is part owner. I also heard the reo say an Italian family but then read an Italian consortium. And also in an article it said 5% is owned by Daimler, meaning Mercedes? Also weren't they supposed to have a Mercedes engine sometime soon? I don't know how British they will be thought of with a Mercedes engine....

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Hard to tell, exactly... from Wikipedia...

In 2007 Ford sold Aston to a consortium led by Prodrive, financed by American investment banker John Singers and two Kuwaiti companies, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment. Ford kept a $70MM stake.

In 2012 Investment Dar sold some or all (?) of its stake to Italian private equity fund Investindustrial.

In 2013 Daimler AG bought (or was given?) 5% of Aston Martin.

So while unclear, exactly, it seems that AML is owned by some or all of John Singers, Investment Dar, Adeem Investment, Ford, Investindustrial, and Daimler AG.

Or not...