Royal Wedding Jags: a set-up but a nice one | FerrariChat

Royal Wedding Jags: a set-up but a nice one

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, May 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am sure the ladies 'round the world got a kick out of the wedding gowns at the latest Brit Royal Wedding but us car guys, what we noticed the two Jaguars. First some 1951 MKV dhc with a chauffeur and then an E-type that, upon further inspection, turns out to be the oldest E-type open car known, borrowed from Jag. Ya kinda wonder if Jag had to pay for being so well featured or it was just the Royals being nice to a famous Brit automaker? But no matter, it's great PR... Here's the story from the Telegraph website on the cars:

Jaguar E-type at Pippa Middleton's wedding is world's oldest

There will always be an England!

2. ECHO CHARLIE

ECHO CHARLIE Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Both of those cars looked great .I had not seen a picture of a MKV before, beautiful car ! I guess the price will spike now !

Edward

3. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Bitzman, See just below.....Pippas wedding. Many Jags used here. As you say,great publicity stunt.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I found a letter undated from Bentley saying if I give them name of my preferred dealer they will put me on the list for visitors to the Bentley House--a mansion they rent with food, some Bentley sales material, and a glimpse of The Good Life in Pebble Beach. Last year I got to go there, dine, hear a pitch on custom ordering a car (not mandatory) and drive a Bentley turbo. I don't know how old the letter is
    so I don't want to give her name but basically it's whoever is in sales promotion at their US HQ.

5. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    #5 Fennicus, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I do hope so! :D

Impeccable taste! (I do have an E-type V12 roadster, used to have a Series 1, and now here are my two favorite sports cars ;) )
    Image Unavailable, Please Login