Any XJ220s in USA? | FerrariChat

Any XJ220s in USA?

Discussion in 'British' started by masterflex164, Nov 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Just Curious? Has anyone on this board owned, drove, or know of one here?

NOw the question.

Are ther any 220s in the US?

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes, I saw 3 in LA at 2 show rooms + Symbolic sold one so there are a few

No idea where they get parts for those, its a beauty but I'd rather have a 512TR or a Porsche CGT, both are a lot more practical

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There's one here that I've seen up close. Check the So Cal section under Crystal Cove. One or two shows up there once in a while. Also search the archives for it (I remember one or two threads in the past).

4. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I figured the person asking this did not live in Ca., & I was right.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I know there's one here in Florida. I've seen it a couple times. The owner also is the one with the CLK-GTR and 911 GT1.

6. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    There's quite a few in the USA. At Concorso Italiano 2001, a dealer brought three. Then there was that black one in LA seen in some past gathering pics, don't know whatever became of it. SAJ-JEAX8AX220781 hit Ebay not too long ago.... all of them left hand drive.

7. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    tea i saw a maroon one in a private coleectors garage

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #8 MarkPDX, Nov 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do you mean XJ220S's as in the "S" version, or 220's in general?

There are about a handfull of "S" versions in the US and probably between 20 and 40 regular versions

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I met a man here in Winter Park Florida who onws 2, one is silver and the other I think is metalic red. There was also a green one, thats why I'm confused if the other one is red or green, but he owns two of them.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There is an Fchatter with 2 of them aswell. I think his screen name is XJ220s or somthing. he would be the one to ask.

12. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    I saw one in Vegas 2 years ago at the Imperial Palace' car collection. I don't know where it ended up and I didn't have a chance to go through there again this year when I was there.

13. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I spotted a candy red one in Tucson, AZ a couple weeks ago. Was on the opposite side of the road from me so I didnt have time to get a pic, but I'll never forget the sound. Awesome car!

Mark

14. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    There is one in West Michigan as well.

15. goin2fast52

goin2fast52 Karting

May 2, 2005
    Gainesville, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There are quite a few in Florida. The ones I know of are the guy around Orlando with the silver and burgundy ones (I think his name is Ian), then there's the guy in Osprey (Petrik) with the clk-gtr, 911 gt1, etc, and a client of my dad's here in Sarasota also has a silver one, but I'm still begging for a ride in that one :)

16. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    there are two TWR XJ200s in cali

17. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    There is at least one in the NW, it usually resides at Bently of Bellevue (although may be at the new Jaguar dealership now). The car was on display at last years Kirkland Concours, I spoke to the owner for a bit. The car is never driven, which is sad.

18. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    220's are diff. than 220S's .....Ther are more 220's than the s's

Drove a 220 silver here in IN. Bought in Monterey, sold in FLA.

Car was weak. An 80,s car that could have been better. Hodge podge int. Misc mech. wiring switches. 1000+ miles. Not that impressive. Sold as an "as" original car @ Monterey.

This was suposed to be Jags entry into super car dome for the late 80's as a 12 Cyl. But as testing, money, and the 80's market came to a crash.......pre purchased sales crashed, and so did the whole idea of the car "from inception and pre solds"...(12 cyl to 6 cyl) the car is an odd-ball .??

220S are much more sought after from a short lived racing heritage and very low pro. #"S

..........."One guys thoughts"........"D"

19. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is a silver one I saw in Dallas a few years back & a green one in LA.

20. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    There's a silver one that I've seen up close at a local mechanics shop. I think it lives in Louisiana. It's amazing how much room there is in the engine bay of that car.

21. British Sea Power

Oct 19, 2005
    Bay Area CA
    "I saw one in Vegas 2 years ago at the Imperial Palace' car collection. I don't know where it ended up and I didn't have a chance to go through there again this year when I was there."

It's still there

22. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I love that car! I've seen it like 5 times and I never get tired of it. The salesman we were talking to said there were like... 34 in the US or somthing like that. But that one is the only one in Washington. he also said the owner has quite a collection too! Geez, I think close to 100 cars. From what I saw it only had a few so far because the place is so new. But the guy has an elevator for his cars! I thought that was awsome!

23. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #24 WILLIAM H, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. digitec

digitec Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    East coast USA
    I saw one last year at the Baltimore Auto Show. It was displayed by Prestige Imports along with a few other exotics. I went to the showroom a few weeks later and they had it parked in the shop. It is number 1 of 3 of a special edition, i beleive it was the "s" model. I don't remember too much besides the fact that it was a V6 and had a factory roll cage. They also had another Jaguar race car, the xjr 15.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]