Bugatti type 39 | FerrariChat

Bugatti type 39

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by bugattitype39, Jan 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    here are some pics of my favorite bugatti the t 39, if you have any feel free to post them.

2. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    My dad and i went up to Road America for the vintage weekend they had there, so when we got there we saw 6 old Bugatti's,a type 39, type 51, and some others i forget. It was time for the Bugatti's to go out on the track when I was waiting behind a fence watching them, the driver of the type 39 (David Hands) kept looking at me so i gave him a thumbs up signs. When they left to race we left and i told my dad when they are done racing we should go back and look at them again. Right as we got to the Bugatti's, David Hands came right up to us and said "Hey were you the one who was waving to me before I went out on the track?" and I said yes, he said "do you want to sit in the car?", right as he said that I was really happy because thats the first day I saw a Bugatti and now I am sitting in one! As I was sitting in the Bugatti he mentioned that there was a reenactment of the old race track through down town Elkhart Lake and asked me if i could come along with him in the Bugatti. I asked my dad and he said yes, but it was up to the officials to make sure I could come. After some waiting the officials said I could go with David on the ride of a life time. I not only got to sit in a Bugatti, I got to ride the old Elkhart Lake race track in one. Thanks again David

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Did you know that the David Hands T39 is featured in an article in Classic & Sportscar magazine, April 2008? For a young enthusiast like yourself, I would be happy to scan and send the article to you if you would like to read it. Just send me a PM with your email address.

Great story you posted, by the way!

4. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
  5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 VIZSLA, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Great story David and a very kind gesture on the part of the owner.
    Any trip in any vintage Bugatti is something very special.

7. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Yea it was really fun and the picture up there, the one I rode in was the middle light blue car.

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    #8 VIZSLA, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Yea i remember trying to turn it on, pumping the fuel, priming the carburetors and trying to turn the crank at the front.

10. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
  11. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    #11 wizzells, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  12. bugattitype39

bugattitype39 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    When I went up to Road America it was the Saturday the 11. Also I enjoyed the pictures you guys posted so thanks.

13. BugattiT394604

Aug 17, 2013
    I've recently bought a house in Grenfell, Australia and have discovered that the Bugatti T39 4604 was once stored in what is now my dining room so I have been trying to research the history of the car and I'm interested in any articles that feature this car.

Can anyone help please?

Miltonian, I tried to PM you re the article you mentioned but can't figure out how to do it on this forum!

14. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Hi, I just found your post about the Bugatti. Yes, there is an article featuring 4604 in Classic & Sportscar magazine, April 2008. I have it here. If you can't do the PM through FChat, you can reach me at jebcab at juno dot com
    I can try to scan and send the article to you if you give me your preferred email address, but my old scanner sometimes does not want to cooperate. I'll be happy to give it a shot for you.

15. BugattiT394604

Aug 17, 2013
    Thanks Miltonian, sending you an email now. :)