Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Bugatti

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Oh God no... smh. The photos don't show if they will be easy to remove. Why this outdated law still exists unchallenged is rediculous. Its crazy that Bugatti waited until delivery to spring this on its largest market if it is in fact true. Any way those are just shipping protectors??? The do not look permanent.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Oh God no... smh. The photos don't show if they will be easy to remove. Why this outdated law still exists unchallenged is rediculous. Its crazy that Bugatti waited until delivery to spring this on its largest market if it is in fact true. Any way those are just shipping protectors??? The do not look permanent.

The article implied that they were easily removed post delivery.

T
Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 PM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Pete
Why don't they design the cars to suit the American laws from the beginning as then I'm sure they can be designed to flow, be in tune, with the rest of the car?

How many Bugatti Veyron's were sold to America? If it is their largest market then this is a bit of a balls up by the design department.
Pete
Old 04-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
Some more info in this. Bugatti says the bumper attrocities are not to comply with federal regulations but for US insurance companies. I don't understand this at all. You're rich enough to afford a Bugatti your insurance company already has your jets, boats, houses, etc. they'll insure the car however you damn well please. Either way Bugatti KNOWS each owner will take them off immediately. They were placed on with 6 easily viewed and non painted bolts.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Some more info in this. Bugatti says the bumper attrocities are not to comply with federal regulations but for US insurance companies. I don't understand this at all. You're rich enough to afford a Bugatti your insurance company already has your jets, boats, houses, etc. they'll insure the car however you damn well please. Either way Bugatti KNOWS each owner will take them off immediately. They were placed on with 6 easily viewed and non painted bolts.

This Is The Shocking Difference Between Bugatti And Bentley Owners - Business Insider
Old 04-18-2017, 06:03 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Why don't they design the cars to suit the American laws from the beginning as then I'm sure they can be designed to flow, be in tune, with the rest of the car?

How many Bugatti Veyron's were sold to America? If it is their largest market then this is a bit of a balls up by the design department.
Pete
Probably because it wouldn't look as good if they used US-laws with their design department. I think the non-US verison of cars have always looked better than their US counterparts. Even small things can really mess up a design (i.e. US F40 and F50 front bumpers).
Old 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
I wonder how long until we get the first official reviews. I also wonder if the US based mags will have to review the cars with the horrible bumper add ons attached.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Marketing bull****.
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew Menasce
Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsilon View Post
Marketing bull****.
totally.