Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Bugatti

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #301  
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: VA
Full Name: Alexander
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Oh God no... smh. The photos don't show if they will be easy to remove. Why this outdated law still exists unchallenged is rediculous. Its crazy that Bugatti waited until delivery to spring this on its largest market if it is in fact true. Any way those are just shipping protectors??? The do not look permanent.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #302  
Old 04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Full Name: Tom C
Posts: 9,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Oh God no... smh. The photos don't show if they will be easy to remove. Why this outdated law still exists unchallenged is rediculous. Its crazy that Bugatti waited until delivery to spring this on its largest market if it is in fact true. Any way those are just shipping protectors??? The do not look permanent.


The article implied that they were easily removed post delivery.

T
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 PM
PSk PSk is offline
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tauranga, NZ
Full Name: Pete
Posts: 17,580
Why don't they design the cars to suit the American laws from the beginning as then I'm sure they can be designed to flow, be in tune, with the rest of the car?

How many Bugatti Veyron's were sold to America? If it is their largest market then this is a bit of a balls up by the design department.
Pete
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 04-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,384
Some more info in this. Bugatti says the bumper attrocities are not to comply with federal regulations but for US insurance companies. I don't understand this at all. You're rich enough to afford a Bugatti your insurance company already has your jets, boats, houses, etc. they'll insure the car however you damn well please. Either way Bugatti KNOWS each owner will take them off immediately. They were placed on with 6 easily viewed and non painted bolts.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #305  
Old 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
GuyIncognito's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: JAX
Full Name: Chas
Posts: 58,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Some more info in this. Bugatti says the bumper attrocities are not to comply with federal regulations but for US insurance companies. I don't understand this at all. You're rich enough to afford a Bugatti your insurance company already has your jets, boats, houses, etc. they'll insure the car however you damn well please. Either way Bugatti KNOWS each owner will take them off immediately. They were placed on with 6 easily viewed and non painted bolts.


This Is The Shocking Difference Between Bugatti And Bentley Owners - Business Insider
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 04-18-2017, 06:03 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FL/AL/DC
Posts: 9,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Why don't they design the cars to suit the American laws from the beginning as then I'm sure they can be designed to flow, be in tune, with the rest of the car?

How many Bugatti Veyron's were sold to America? If it is their largest market then this is a bit of a balls up by the design department.
Pete
Probably because it wouldn't look as good if they used US-laws with their design department. I think the non-US verison of cars have always looked better than their US counterparts. Even small things can really mess up a design (i.e. US F40 and F50 front bumpers).
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,384
I wonder how long until we get the first official reviews. I also wonder if the US based mags will have to review the cars with the horrible bumper add ons attached.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,328
Marketing bull****.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 04-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris / Chicago
Full Name: Andrew Menasce
Posts: 24,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsilon View Post
Marketing bull****.
totally.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
new pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bugatti.jpg (89.9 KB, 478 views)
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 05-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
2017
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bugatti2.jpg (57.5 KB, 480 views)
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,384
Schmee released a good video today of him driving the Chiron.

$4 million dollars though for a brand new car is maybe the most mind bending part to me. Is it worth two 918's...Unfotunately I'm not in the market to say.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #313  
Old 05-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Full Name: Bronson G.
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Schmee released a good video today of him driving the Chiron.

$4 million dollars though for a brand new car is maybe the most mind bending part to me. Is it worth two 918's...Unfotunately I'm not in the market to say.
Funny. Watching that video brought me to this thread.

The full-flat-on-the-throttle bit was quite impressive. Listening to Andy Wallace and his cerebral racing driver analysis was great. I always have enjoyed his interviews throughout his racing career over the years, and he certainly seems like a solid brand ambassador for Bugatti. (Winning LeMans in a TWR Jag & a few other class wins certainly are a solid resume)
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 05-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris / Chicago
Full Name: Andrew Menasce
Posts: 24,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
Schmee released a good video today of him driving the Chiron.

$4 million dollars though for a brand new car is maybe the most mind bending part to me. Is it worth two 918's...Unfotunately I'm not in the market to say.
$4m? I thought it was 2.5m Eur or $2.8m?
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 05-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenasce View Post
$4m? I thought it was 2.5m Eur or $2.8m?
If you want exposed carbon you're looking at 3.3+ BUT order now and you're 4 years out. If you want to buy one now it's $4mm.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 06-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,384
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLi03HIzwFE

He seems enamored.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 06-07-2017, 04:38 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Germany
Full Name: Uwe
Posts: 140
Inside look at Bugatti Chiron production

the Bugatti revue, 22-2, Inside look at Bugatti Chiron production
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Full Name: Christophe
Posts: 449
Exclamation

And this also :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68w1OEmLWio
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 06-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississippi
Full Name: Chip A.
Posts: 479
Looks like Bugatti loaned Jeremy Clarkson one: Jeremy Clarkson goes to France with Lisa Hogan | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:17 PM
TheMayor's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 51,308
My question is.... where do they go from here?

It seems they are trapped in a box in both the looks, the performance and the basic idea.

Will 2000 HP impress anyone after 1500?

I think they should have broken the mold in the looks and taken a bigger step away from the Veyron -- if for no other reason than "to do it".
__________________
"A Dino is not a Ferrari. It's better." "When you buy a Ferrari you marry your mechanic." "Owning a Ferrari is like eating peanuts. You can't stop with just one."
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.