Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Bugatti

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Karting
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Monaco
Full Name: J. Konrad
Posts: 246
Bugatti's idiotic marketing team. This is disgraceful.

An official video featuring Ronaldo as a "true champion"? What? When Andy Wallace is your test driver? What a disgrace. Ettore must be spinning like a top in his grave. Hey Volkswagen: This is Bugatti, not Tata! What's next? Lady Gaga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAIclkNDwk
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
F1 Veteran
Lifetime Rossa
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: illinois
Full Name: mark k.
Posts: 6,968
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxb1 View Post
An official video featuring Ronaldo as a "true champion"? What? When Andy Wallace is your test driver? What a disgrace. Ettore must be spinning like a top in his grave. Hey Volkswagen: This is Bugatti, not Tata! What's next? Lady Gaga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAIclkNDwk
Stupid commercial indeed.
"tested and approved by a Champion", Champion in what? kicking a ball on a field?
As a driver, he has proven himself already when he wrecked almost every car he ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2017, 05:35 PM
GuyIncognito's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: JAX
Full Name: Chas
Posts: 58,671
Ronaldo is arguably the most famous athlete/"champion" in the world.

who the heck is Andy Wallace? (I know, but the average person, even the average Bugatti buyer, doesn't)

ESPN's World Fame 100
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Full Name: Joseph
Posts: 2,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
Ronaldo is arguably the most famous athlete/"champion" in the world.

ESPN's World Fame 100
In Europe? maybe. In the United States? not so much...

IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:10 PM
GuyIncognito's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: JAX
Full Name: Chas
Posts: 58,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmalez View Post
In Europe? maybe. In the United States? not so much...

IMHO
well Bugatti is a European company selling cars globally so...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
Ronaldo is arguably the most famous athlete/"champion" in the world.

who the heck is Andy Wallace? (I know, but the average person, even the average Bugatti buyer, doesn't)

ESPN's World Fame 100
Yes... brand recognition is the most important factor in advertising, no one knows who Andy Wallace is and probably won't unless they are really passionate about Bugatti

Ronaldo is a famous footballer that has played with the best of the best in the biggest clubs not to mention he has a perfume line, footwear company, shirt company as well as a hotel under his name... he is only 32 yet is one of the most powerful brands in sports, if anything Bugatti were smart to go with him, his influence on social media and youth makes him one of the few obvious candidates for the commercial

Remember, you need kids to stick up posters of your cars on their walls for them to dream about it, or in this case, download a wallpaper or video or something of that sort....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Scottsdale/Pittsburg
Full Name: Jon
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmalez View Post
In Europe? maybe. In the United States? not so much...

IMHO
Everyone in the US knows who he is just because he's so ridiculously good looking (saying that as a straight man).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:55 AM
staatsof's Avatar
Four Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiddin' in da garden
Full Name: Boo
Posts: 44,302
Never heard of him but then I don't follow European sports at all.

Kids with posters of your car on the wall doesn't sell cars now if ever.

The guys buying Countachs now are buying a used car and Lamborghini doesn't care all that much about those folks except when they can USE them.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 AM
TheMayor's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 50,790
Who is Bugatti's market? Overpaid European athletes and the mega wealthy.

So, its perfect.


Well, aside from I don't understand it...
__________________
"A Dino is not a Ferrari. It's better." "When you buy a Ferrari you marry your mechanic." "Owning a Ferrari is like eating peanuts. You can't stop with just one."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, UK
Full Name: Ricardo
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Stupid commercial indeed.

"tested and approved by a Champion", Champion in what? kicking a ball on a field?

As a driver, he has proven himself already when he wrecked almost every car he ever owned.


That is simply not true...
Ronaldo is probably one of the most conscious superstars out there when it gets to his cars. On top of that he is actually a true petrolhead, not just a flamboyant overpaid football player.

He did have One bad Ferrari accident, but definitely "not almost every car he ever owned"
Google it and check your facts before posting
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, UK
Full Name: Ricardo
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
Ronaldo is arguably the most famous athlete/"champion" in the world.

who the heck is Andy Wallace? (I know, but the average person, even the average Bugatti buyer, doesn't)

ESPN's World Fame 100


I absolutely agree...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-2017, 08:24 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, Texas
Full Name: Tom C
Posts: 9,673
Aren't these cars likely already sold out? So, it's more about branding and image than moving merchandise. Like many American sports fans, I know the name, but not the face. So, it's good they said who he is. Maybe Floyd "Money" Mayweather for the American market, he seems to have a thing for Bugatti?!?
T
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-08-2017, 01:27 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Stupid commercial indeed.
"tested and approved by a Champion", Champion in what? kicking a ball on a field?
As a driver, he has proven himself already when he wrecked almost every car he ever owned.
Totally agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
Commercials don't sell limited edition, multi-million dollar vehicles. Half the production run was sold before this commercial even aired. This video is spreading the Bugatti brand to new markets, most likely to a younger audience.

Other posters are correct IMO in saying that it is important for kids to hang up posters of these cars and for people to dream about owning these cars in the future. That's how a brand survives and evolves and flourishes.

As passionate car enthusiasts, yes, a commercial with Ronaldo of all people seems stupid. I'd appreciate much more a commercial involving a racing driver or a Bugatti employee. But as enthusiasts we are already familiar with the Bugatti marque so we don't need a commercial, nor do the 400 or 500 people who will own the Chiron.

Still waiting for some videos of the car really stretching its legs.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-09-2017, 02:03 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, UK
Full Name: Ricardo
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolf1023 View Post
Commercials don't sell limited edition, multi-million dollar vehicles. Half the production run was sold before this commercial even aired. This video is spreading the Bugatti brand to new markets, most likely to a younger audience.



Other posters are correct IMO in saying that it is important for kids to hang up posters of these cars and for people to dream about owning these cars in the future. That's how a brand survives and evolves and flourishes.



As passionate car enthusiasts, yes, a commercial with Ronaldo of all people seems stupid. I'd appreciate much more a commercial involving a racing driver or a Bugatti employee. But as enthusiasts we are already familiar with the Bugatti marque so we don't need a commercial, nor do the 400 or 500 people who will own the Chiron.



Still waiting for some videos of the car really stretching its legs.


In principle I agree with you.
The issue though is that today, there are no more Ayrton Sennas, Fangios or Mansells. The last mythical one was probably Schumacher

Football though is still up there with the young ones. He is also a massive car enthusiast, so I understand..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,023
Ronaldo will have a great career in Hollywood when he puts his football shoes on the shelf. Nobody can fall over like he does.

He may be a football champion, but why does he approve cars? Because he can afford them?
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
energy88's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Full Name: John
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
Who is Bugatti's market? Overpaid European athletes and the mega wealthy.
Don't forget about rappers and gangstas on our side of the pond!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-13-2017, 06:14 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,381
Globally Ronaldo has as much "athlete hero worship" as Michael Schumacher.
One of the highest paid, most recognizable elite athletes there has ever been.
In front of the goal he is precision weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-13-2017, 12:01 PM
OC3 OC3 is offline
Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wheaton
Full Name: James
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc View Post
Aren't these cars likely already sold out? So, it's more about branding and image than moving merchandise. Like many American sports fans, I know the name, but not the face. So, it's good they said who he is. Maybe Floyd "Money" Mayweather for the American market, he seems to have a thing for Bugatti?!?
T
Well, he did... but 2 of his Bugatti's both are for sale currently at astronomical prices... His black Vitesse and white Grandsport were both for sale last time I checked.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Bugatti featured him in a similar ad of him taking delivery of his Chiron (which I believe he is getting)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-13-2017, 03:52 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,239
Well, most of the world knows who CR is. Pretty much no one knows the other guy you mentioned. Myself, I've never even heard of that Wallace Guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.