Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > California & Nevada (Northern)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brett
Been there....

Its a nice, somewhat small event. Free if you bring your Ferrari. Wine tasting and snacks,
art, etc. Worth a hour or 2...starts late around 4-5 I think. I usually support it and drive in for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB-Dino View Post
Nothing to do with Ferrari the company. Not new, has been held for 20 years. Have never been personally, since its Sat slot has always conflicted with Concorso Italiano or a day at Laguna Seca Raceway.

The Barnyard Ferrari Event 8/19/2017 | The Barnyard Shopping Village, Carmel
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Douglas Dolton
+1 - a fun thing to spend Saturday afternoon doing....
Old 07-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Who is in charge of vendors at the Ferrari VIP house?

I speak of the new building at Pebble that will be close to the first fairway where the 70 Ferraris will be on exhibit?
I ask only because I and others have Ferrari related merchandise, some of it for free, but we don't know who to contact. Or is it easier to schedule an audience with the Pope?
Old 07-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: RonG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzman View Post
Or is it easier to schedule an audience with the Pope?
At this late date (auction tents are already half erected), the Pope might be easier.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
I drive thru this thing almost daily and from different approaches; Samuel B Morse gate/PG (i.e., 68E), Hwy-1 gate (aka Pebble Beach gate), and coming off Hwy-1 from both South and North directions.

In general, the only `challenge' for anything larger than a UPS truck is trying to get onto Hwy-1 North from the Pebble gate, and to a much lesser degree trying to get onto Hwy-1 South from the Pebble gate.

Yes, I can only imagine transporters having to use the Samuel B Morse gate. No more use of the Pebble gate as far as I can imagine.
Upon closer examination a couple days ago, the design of this roundabout is deceiving. Although the turns appear quite tight, esp for larger trucks, there's actually a lot of room. Inside of the normal travel lane is a wide area with decorative stamped concrete. The actual curb is actually on the inside of this area and a good distance from that normal travel lane and only marginally higher. So large trucks such as transporters will use that wide decorative area to make the turns.

As for people using the roundabout, I actually witnessed someone driving it in the WRONG direction yesterday! Yikes!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
Casa Ferrari 2017????

Just to confirm... no current activity at the highland gas station on HW1 and NO CASA FERRARI this year... right? I'm extremely disappointed... but I'm hoping it will return next year!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Graham
[QUOTE=BLACK HORSE;145506782]Just to confirm... no current activity at the highland gas station on HW1 and NO CASA FERRARI this year... right? I'm extremely disappointed... but I'm hoping it will return next year![/QUOte

Yes, I'm afraid you are right.
FNA saying this year they will concentrate on more limited hospitality, only for VIP clients, on the golf course itself.
Think I will swing by the Barnyard event this time, should be fine for us ordinary folk.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
[quote=635CSI;145506879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HORSE View Post
Just to confirm... no current activity at the highland gas station on HW1 and NO CASA FERRARI this year... right? I'm extremely disappointed... but I'm hoping it will return next year![/QUOte

Yes, I'm afraid you are right.
FNA saying this year they will concentrate on more limited hospitality, only for VIP clients, on the golf course itself.
Think I will swing by the Barnyard event this time, should be fine for us ordinary folk.
So are u saying no casa ferrari for 2018 and beyond?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

I think the garage was too vunerable to the public

I never made it over there but they won't want just anybody
driving up even if in a Ferrari. I think they want a VIP
type client, maybe owner of one or more Ferraris, who is "vetted" by the dealer in their area. Then they know they aren't wasting time with Lookee Loos.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Anyone going to the Rally?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

What is the point of Ferrari charging entrance fee to their VIP casa at Pebble?

I heard it is around $650, but I thought the original purpose was for dealers to curry favor with (multiple) Ferrari buyers by awarding them a ticket to the venue so they will feel privileged. Somehow charging for this doesn't make sense. How good could the food be for that amount? At least at Quail you are seeing many of the best cars , able to dine at three restaurants. Who does the money go to? Ferrari in Italy? I went to the Bentley House and Rolls House last year and no one charged me anything--the hope of the automakers was to create an occasion with ambiance that you expect when you own such a fine car

So why the charge?
Old 08-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Timo
Quote:
I heard it is around $650, but I thought the original purpose was for dealers to curry favor with (multiple) Ferrari buyers by awarding them a ticket to the venue so they will feel privileged. Somehow charging for this doesn't make sense. How good could the food be for that amount? At least at Quail you are seeing many of the best cars , able to dine at three restaurants. Who does the money go to? Ferrari in Italy? I went to the Bentley House and Rolls House last year and no one charged me anything--the hope of the automakers was to create an occasion with ambiance that you expect when you own such a fine car

So why the charge?
Perhaps it's just a ploy to keep riff-raff, non-owners away ? Maybe they actually comp the ticket to known owners or they'll off-set its price on next service or purchase of another car ?

Maybe it's time to consider trading those Bentley and Rolls for a Ferrari or two ?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Cavaliere Senzatesta
My Garage
In the past, FNA sold any VIP tickets that they didn't give away or if they were returned by an invited guest that canceled. Not being a VIP, I was offered the opportunity to purchase tickets last year a week before Pebble at a slight premium over General Admission. No idea if the perqs from year to year are comparable. I suspect that this year will be more lavish than last, which was admission to the PB Concours and a private hospitality suite.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:58 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

A way to sound like a collector or knowledgeable tifosi. Know the Ferrari naming conventions.

https://**********.com/p/ferrari-nam...source=organic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Need4Spd; 08-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
A way to sound like a collector or knowledgeable tifosi. Know the Ferrari naming conventions. https://**********.com/p/ferrari-nam...source=organic

The ****** make it a bogus link
Old 08-08-2017, 09:18 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

Quote:
The ****** make it a bogus link

Strange. I tried editing the URL several times and this site keeps replacing portions with *. If you replace the asterisks with "drive" "tribe" with no spaces, it will work. The combined word must be blocked on this site for some reason, as when I try to post the combined word, the site replaces it with asterisks, too.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

AFAS art preview Sat. Aug. 19th at Pebble

If you already have a concours ticket you can go to this little party on the same golf course where the concours will be the next day. It starts at four, some appetizers. All the great automotive artists will be there and I think you can buy right there.This can be a oretty fancy schmancy thing as far as clothes--think Ascot on Opening Day...The same tent is open all day during the concours as well. Parking is a bit iffy--might have to park way over by the Equestrian center and hoof it bout 4000 ft.--not good for ladys in heels! If you don't have a concours ticket, there's invitations been sent out, maybe you can score one on CL?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

On the Ferrari hospitality la Casa Ferrari what does the pass/invite look like?

Some of us, who are, alas, not in on the initial issuing of them to the anointed tifosi, might be offered one in some back alley of Pebble Beach (does that community indeed even have back alleys?) but it would be nice to know what they look like? Are they carrying the sponsoring dealer's name? Multi-colored? Covered in plastic? Coming with a lanyard?
If you have one in hand be nice if you could picture it..
Old 08-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Parking for spectators at Pebble Beach

Last year I got a ticket but forgot to ask about parking. Then on concours day, when it came time to park, had to push the envelope on getting in a lot, but now think there was probably a parking sticker I could have asked for. Anybody know about that? I ended up in the lot near the Equestrian center which was still about 4,000 ft. from the concours , not so hard on me but it was on the 80-year old spouse
Old 08-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Last year I got a ticket but forgot to ask about parking. Then on concours day, when it came time to park, had to push the envelope on getting in a lot, but now think there was probably a parking sticker I could have asked for. Anybody know about that? I ended up in the lot near the Equestrian center which was still about 4,000 ft. from the concours , not so hard on me but it was on the 80-year old spouse
There are no parking `lots' closer than the one across from the Gooding tents. Some of the local towns (e.g., Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey, PG?)) offer shuttles for a fee (something like $30 for Carmel, good for all day).

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/v...s-parking.html

As for `back alleys', Pebble has none that I've ever found.
Non-Sponsor Ads