Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > California & Nevada (Northern)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 02:21 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: John
Ferrari event Monterey 2017

I have heard that there is a Ferrari event celebrating the 70 years of Ferrari to be held in Monterey on the 21st August. That is the Monday immediately after Pebble Beach. Anyone have details?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Mike
Check out 70.ferrari.com for full list of events, they are adding more that are TBD.

Do not put www before the web site, it will not work.

We just had a call with Ferrari North America today and they are doing some exciting stuff.

FNA is looking for pre-1975 vehicles currently for the Ferrari Challenge at Laguna Seca, is this something you would be interested in?

If at all interested please shoot me an email so I can connect you to the appropriate party.

Regards,
Mike

msmith@ferraripacific.org

Last edited by 4RELIFE; 04-19-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:23 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365GTC/4 View Post
I have heard that there is a Ferrari event celebrating the 70 years of Ferrari to be held in Monterey on the 21st August. That is the Monday immediately after Pebble Beach. Anyone have details?
A clienti rally from Monterey to San Francisco.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Where will the event be based at Monterey?

At the Laguna racetrack on Monday?
Or any special displays at Concorso Italiano
or Pebble Beach?
Will there be booths at wherever the event is?
Will clubs be having parties?
August is only 3 months away so I hope we can get more news.
I tried the website, got lost, requires too much computer knowledge for this old guy
Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

More deciphering of the 70.Ferrari.com webiste

Am I the only one confused?
The Ferrari official website 70.ferrari.com
has this headline

Ferrari 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach
August 17, 2017 Del Monte Forest, United States

They forgot to mention the city Pebble Beach. But when you click on that to get more information, it announces instead the concours

“The Concours d’Elegance
Ferrari will celebrate its 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach in an unprecedented fashion. Priceless, classic Ferraris will not only grace the Concours d’Elegance in four Ferrari-exclusive classes, but the Cavallino Rampante will also inhabit the entire first fairway of the Pebble Beach Golf Links with 70 iconic automobiles. In addition to premiere hospitality space and VIP receptions, test drives for Ferrari clients will round out the weekend experience. “

So is there an event on the 17th somewhere in the Del Monte forest or isn’t there? And isn’t the first fairway a long way from Del Monte Road (not a golfer, sorry..)

I tried to find out more information from a PR firm called Rubenstein in NYC which on a website proclaimed this

Ferrari North America | Rubenstein Public Relations
Ferrari, the global luxury company recognized as the world's most powerful brand, ... technology, elegance and versatility, through a fan rally in New York City."

But they replied they are no longer representing Ferrari.

Here’s the wording for the second event, basically a ride and drive: “Immediately following the Pebble Beach weekend at the close of Monterey Car Week, Ferrari clients will depart for week long adventure from the links in Monterey, along some of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world, to San Francisco. Top clients will have the quintessential Ferrari week featuring gorgeous, top flight driving, first-class hospitality with carefully curated experiences along the way.”
Old 05-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzman View Post
Am I the only one confused?
The Ferrari official website 70.ferrari.com
has this headline

Ferrari 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach
August 17, 2017 Del Monte Forest, United States

They forgot to mention the city Pebble Beach. But when you click on that to get more information, it announces instead the concours

“The Concours d’Elegance
Ferrari will celebrate its 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach in an unprecedented fashion. Priceless, classic Ferraris will not only grace the Concours d’Elegance in four Ferrari-exclusive classes, but the Cavallino Rampante will also inhabit the entire first fairway of the Pebble Beach Golf Links with 70 iconic automobiles. In addition to premiere hospitality space and VIP receptions, test drives for Ferrari clients will round out the weekend experience. “

So is there an event on the 17th somewhere in the Del Monte forest or isn’t there? And isn’t the first fairway a long way from Del Monte Road (not a golfer, sorry..)

I tried to find out more information from a PR firm called Rubenstein in NYC which on a website proclaimed this

Ferrari North America | Rubenstein Public Relations
Ferrari, the global luxury company recognized as the world's most powerful brand, ... technology, elegance and versatility, through a fan rally in New York City."

But they replied they are no longer representing Ferrari.

Here’s the wording for the second event, basically a ride and drive: “Immediately following the Pebble Beach weekend at the close of Monterey Car Week, Ferrari clients will depart for week long adventure from the links in Monterey, along some of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world, to San Francisco. Top clients will have the quintessential Ferrari week featuring gorgeous, top flight driving, first-class hospitality with carefully curated experiences along the way.”
I sent you a Private Message
Old 05-31-2017, 12:19 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Vince
Heard today that the Pebble Beach Concourse is being delayed one week to August 27. Also heard that the reunion will be on the 25-27th.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: RonG
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-12 View Post
Heard today that the Pebble Beach Concourse is being delayed one week to August 27. Also heard that the reunion will be on the 25-27th.
Pebble 1 week delay is for 2018, NOT 2017. This 2018 change has been widely reported.

Last edited by HMB-Dino; 05-31-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brett
yeesh....

Almost had a heart attack! Thanks! see you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB-Dino View Post
Pebble 1 week delay is for 2018, NOT 2017. This 2018 change has been widely reported.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

But it is amazing that a bazillion car week events will have to follow suit and change their dates by a week. You'd think it would be easier to change the date of the US Amateur golf championship being held at Pebble (which is the cause of the 1-week delay in Car Week activities).
Old 06-01-2017, 12:38 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

http://www.sportscardigest.com/date-...concours-2018/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

This is going to make the cost of Monterey Car Week a lot more

OK so say in 2018 the Concorso italiano and Rolex vintage races are one weekend and the Pebble Beach concours and Quail the next. That means you would have to stay at least 8 days to catch everything. Let's say any hotel on the Peninsula would be $200, that's $1600 before you count tickets, meals, gas.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Gordon
Quote:
Ferrari clients will depart for week long adventure from the links in Monterey, along some of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world, to San Francisco.
Wow, one WEEK to get the entire 120 miles from Monterey to San Francisco?! So they'll average 20, maybe 25 miles per day?

But seriously, I was considering attending the Monterey Historics etc. this year, but when I was having to make my vacation plans way back in April, there was zero information about the featured marque this year or any Ferrari activities... so I ended up making other plans. It would be nice if there could have been information available more than just 3 months prior to the events - in previous years, information was posted 10 months in advance.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: 1983 US 308 GTS QV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonC View Post
Wow, one WEEK to get the entire 120 miles from Monterey to San Francisco?! So they'll average 20, maybe 25 miles per day?

But seriously, I was considering attending the Monterey Historics etc. this year, but when I was having to make my vacation plans way back in April, there was zero information about the featured marque this year or any Ferrari activities... so I ended up making other plans. It would be nice if there could have been information available more than just 3 months prior to the events - in previous years, information was posted 10 months in advance.
The car week, in a general sense, is the same every year. Every year we all get excited about the same events such as Pebble Beach Concours, Vintage car races, or Concours de Lemons (or at least someone does on that one).

Those of us who go every year just make hotel reservations then figure out what we're going to do there afterward.

The annual differences are what unobtanium will be shown or auctioned, what/if Casa Ferrari will be, how many of us show our cars at Concorso Italiano, etc.

Gordon: You. Must. Attend.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
OK so say in 2018 the Concorso italiano and Rolex vintage races are one weekend and the Pebble Beach concours and Quail the next. That means you would have to stay at least 8 days to catch everything. Let's say any hotel on the Peninsula would be $200, that's $1600 before you count tickets, meals, gas.
Splitting up events ain't going to happen. Everything will simply shift...anything else makes no business sense.

`The full calendar of car events that have grown up around the Pebble Beach Concours are likely to shift with it. Pebble Beach events, including the Tour d’Elegance, RetroAuto and the Forum, will move in tandem with the Concours, and the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering events will also move.'
Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Nick T
Will be down there this year - taking the 575 SA. Haven't been down here in a while - what events should we get to?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-02-2017, 10:30 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Gordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The car week, in a general sense, is the same every year. Every year we all get excited about the same events such as Pebble Beach Concours, Vintage car races, or Concours de Lemons (or at least someone does on that one).

Those of us who go every year just make hotel reservations then figure out what we're going to do there afterward.

The annual differences are what unobtanium will be shown or auctioned, what/if Casa Ferrari will be, how many of us show our cars at Concorso Italiano, etc.

Gordon: You. Must. Attend.
Thanks for the encouragement! I have attended (just the weekend, not all week) on three occasions, 2003, 2007, and 2014; two were road trips from Calgary over to Portland and then down the Pacific coast, once I flew in and rented a Corvette for the weekend. I'd love to do the road trip in the 308 and enter Concorso, and was hoping to catch the next occasion when Ferrari was the featured marque. Back in late February, I started this thread Monterey Historics/Reunion 2017 - featured marque? as at the time, no information was available. I needed to commit to vacation plans, so without any information on the Monterey week, I chose reluctantly to go with other plans.

It's really unfortunate that there was no hint in even in February from Ferrari or FCA that there would be any special Ferrari activity around the Monterey Week related to the 70th anniversary. Maybe I will have to ignore whatever the featured marque will be and just do the trip in 2018!

Even now after the Motorsports Reuinion organizers have finally announced something, the wording is curious - there's no actual featured marque this year! From this release Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion Celebrates Formula Junior Diamond Jubilee World Tour August 17-20 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca they say:

Quote:
The year 2017 is shaping up to be memorable for a number of anniversaries: the 60th anniversary of Formula Junior; 60th anniversary of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca; and the 70th anniversary of one of the most recognizable brands in the world, Ferrari. These occasions, and much more, will be celebrated at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion August 17-20 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
and even more curiously,
Quote:
Adding to the overall Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion experience is the iconic Prancing Horse of Ferrari, which will undoubtedly be seen on the track and throughout Monterey Classic Car Week as it celebrates its 70th anniversary.
So Ferrari is not actually featured at the Reunion, we'll just see them around all weekend!
Old 06-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Cavaliere Senzatesta
My Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Just moor your yacht in the harbor and stay onboard. Easy peasy.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

whats the best place to stay during car week?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Cavaliere Senzatesta
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by natman316 View Post
whats the best place to stay during car week?
Spanish Bay