Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > California & Nevada (Northern)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 08:33 AM
F1 Rookie
Sponsor

Full Name: Steve F
My Garage
Question Quail 2017

Good Morning All!

Last minute invite to come out West for the 1st time ( for me ) and I am working on where to go and what to do ( Other than the 70th events! )

Where would one go to purchase last minute tickets to Quail, is that even possible?

Post, PM, e-mail even sfordham@boardwalkautogroup.com

Thank you in advance!!

Steve
Old 08-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: RonG
Quail tickets, as ridiculously expensive as they are, sold out months ago (very limited). So the only way to get one is from someone who can't go and is looking to recoup most of their initial purchase cost.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

You might get lucky on Craigslist in monterey or sf Bay Area one to two weeks before the show.

Face is 800 each this year..

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2017, 07:30 AM
F1 Rookie
Sponsor

Full Name: Steve F
My Garage
Thank you for the lead / ideas!

S
Old 08-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: RonG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRY View Post
Face is 800 each this year.
Just to show how crazy Quail's prices are, it was `just' $600 in 2015 when I showed my Dino. They've gone up $100 in each of the last two years and is by far the most expensive event during Car Week...unless of course you buy a new 2 or 4 wheel toy at an auction!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB-Dino View Post
Just to show how crazy Quail's prices are, it was `just' $600 in 2015 when I showed my Dino. They've gone up $100 in each of the last two years and is by far the most expensive event during Car Week...unless of course you buy a new 2 or 4 wheel toy at an auction!

BTW,

Chairman's Club tixx @ pebble are $2,500 ea.....

Club elegance pebble tixx $750 ea

Regular pebble tixx $375 ea

I remember when the regular tixx were $25 ea ......

Special kind of inflation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 09:39 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quail 2017

The price rises are explained in part by the proceeds benefiting charity, but FOG Rallies have raised more money on a year to year basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rory
Most pay-to-play events during Monterey Car Week have gotten far more expensive than they should be, but the Quail is the worst offender. Thankfully, there are plenty of newer, mostly free events like Werks Reunion and Legends of the Autobahn to offset them.

I haven't been to The Quail in years and likely won't return any time soon. Neat show, but simply not worth the outrageous admission when there are so many other special cars in the area that you can see for far less money. If you've never been, I get it -- do it once, but only once. BTW: Monterey Craigslist usually has discounted Quail tickets from those desperate to sell in the days leading up to the show.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

On the Cannery Row exotics show

What era are the cars from? I'd hope to see some swbs coupes, uo to Boxer, but time
is so short at Monterey, I don't want to see new new cars that I can see at a dealer. Is the parking tough for spectators? The worst parking I had at Monterey was Carmel on Thursday when they have a show in Carmel of cars that will be in the concours. Had to walk a mile..
Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM
F1 Veteran
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB-Dino View Post
Sorry to disagree.
Tickets for the Ferrari 70th Anniversary VIP Hospitality Cocktail Reception Friday eve and Saturday afternoon plus Sunday were US$ 850 each.

Marcel Massini
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 AM
F1 Veteran
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzman View Post
Had to walk a mile..
That's good for your health.

Marcel Massini
Old 08-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzman View Post
What era are the cars from? I'd hope to see some swbs coupes, uo to Boxer, but time
is so short at Monterey, I don't want to see new new cars that I can see at a dealer. Is the parking tough for spectators? The worst parking I had at Monterey was Carmel on Thursday when they have a show in Carmel of cars that will be in the concours. Had to walk a mile..

Exotics on Cannery Row is almost exclusively modern exotics. Oldest thing last year was a 308, and that was an outlier. You'd go there to see a Koenigsegg, LaFerrari, Chiron, or Pagani.

BEST place to see SWBs as they were meant to be observed is to go to the Rolex Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca, which run all weekend. The wee early hours of the morning (at least Friday) feature the road car and race car classes for the 50s and 60s sports cars, and you'll have the privilege of seeing 250-everythings on the track, and can get up close and personal in the paddock. Friday tix are usually cheaper and accessible. You prob can't still score VIP parking at this point, so go extra early so you don't miss the races while walking down to the track.

Otherwise, you'll be amazed to see plenty of that stuff driving around public roads. There's usually a Ferrari event at the Barnyard shopping center
http://www.thebarnyard.com/barnyarde...event-8192017/

and, of course, there's the Motorsports Gathering at Quail and Pebble Beach itself.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:46 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Schedule for Rolex Motorsports Reunion at Mazda Laguna Seca.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/ma...le_7.15.17.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

So no Ferrari event at Laguna despite saying they are honoring 70 years? That makes little sense.

Anybody know how many cars coming to laguna?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat326 View Post
BEST place to see SWBs as they were meant to be observed is to go to the Rolex Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca, which run all weekend. The wee early hours of the morning (at least Friday) feature the road car and race car classes for the 50s and 60s sports cars, and you'll have the privilege of seeing 250-everythings on the track, and can get up close and personal in the paddock. Friday tix are usually cheaper and accessible. You prob can't still score VIP parking at this point, so go extra early so you don't miss the races while walking down to the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lussolover View Post
So no Ferrari event at Laguna despite saying they are honoring 70 years? That makes little sense.

Anybody know how many cars coming to laguna?
Attached is the provisional entry list as of July 27 posted on the track's website. Ongoing trend of less Ferrari content each year. At the Pre-Historics today I saw a couple TDFs and SWBs, which had to be lumped in the same group as an Austin Healy Sprite, Mini and Ford T-Bird plus the usual Alfas, Corvettes and 356s.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7-27-2017_rmmr.pdf (173.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-13-2017, 01:04 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Steve S.
SWB's etc will be at Pebble see them on the road Thursday during the Free Tour d'Elegance
At the Quail there are usually several interesting older Ferrari's. This year on the 1st hole
Of Pebble Sunday Ferrari is featuring 70 cars that will delight anyone.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Thanks for the list. I decided not to look! I don't want to be po'ed. Last year there was 3 250 gto's 3 swb's 2 tdf, lusso racecar, sperimentale 250. My first thought was the field would grow since Laguna touts celebrating the 70th of Ferrari. I guess we will never see 15? Gtos on track at once like 2005? Can't remember the year but it was the most glorious thing ever. Unfortunately Thursday is not in the cards this year.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Hello,

I have one ticket for the Quail Event on Friday and can include a parking pass. Willing to sell for face value. Let me know if you are interested; akellums1@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Aaron