Doing it again | FerrariChat

Doing it again

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by kobe, Apr 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    For reasons too lengthy to explain, I am trading in my 2011 for a 2013. I currently drive a Blu Pozzi with Cuoio interior. Thinking of going lighter with the Metallic Blu Tour de France as I think the metallic and lighter color might look cleaner longer. Color is very personal, but would love to see some pictures if anyone is driving the TDF, or someone has an opinion.

Also, I am debating options. Did not get cruise control on my last one and did not miss it, but was told it was worth getting just to help resale. What are the must have options that I may have overlooked?

Thanks California fans.

2. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    #3 Balsamina, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    TDF: see post 214 of this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208327&page=11 for pics of a fellow Fchatter's car

If you didn't get penalized for not having cruise control, then I think you answered your own question! ;)

FWIW, I enjoy both Pozzi and TDF. I did shy away from Pozzi when speccing my car because I thought it might be too hard to keep clean and free of swirls. I'd be interested in your experiences with Pozzi, as I thought a Pozzi 458 in my dealer's showroom looked stunning.

3. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the feedback. Pozzi is fabulous when clean, but it does look dirty very quickly. No problems with swirls though.

4. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I was looking at blue nart on the configuration today. It really looks awesome!

5. letsgo

letsgo Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    California
    I traded in my 2012 TDF Cali 3 weeks ago and ordered the 2013. I did not have cruise control and was not penalized. While the TDF is a lovely color, I would like to warn you that in sunlight at particular angles the car has a purple hue. It took me a while to understand why I did not quite like the color of my car and recently realized that that was the reason. It makes the paint job look cheap frankly. If you wish to have a blue that approximates the TDF but does not have the purple hue, then go for Blue Swaters.

In terms of my spec for the 2013: nero daytona exterior, black interior with red stitching, red safety belts, red calipers, diamond wheels, shields, HS package, no cruise

6. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Cruise probably has saved me dozens of tickets! I use it all the time, unless I'm about to have fun. And REALLY worth it when driving down the expressway. 35,000 miles total in two Californias and no tickets yet! And yes Martha, it does see 130+ on a semi regular basis.

Rick

7. jasonrhcastle

jasonrhcastle Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Jason RH Castle
    I think TDF looks amazing! Having a metallic color currently (Grigio Silverstone) has really made me not want to get a flat color next time. Will probably go with Grigio Silverstone on my next one also. Especially since it hides dirt and swirls so well.

I think, in the end, that you will like TDF better. Pozzi, while nice, is so close to black to me in sunlight that I would rather get black.

Cuoio is AWESOME! My favorite, beside maybe Rosso, interior by far!

As for some options to consider??? I would recommend the following:

Magneride (I assume that this was probably already in there)
    Carbon steering wheel, CF upper dash and CF central bridge (really contrasts well with my Cuoio)
    iPod (because I have crap radio stations and Sirius hardly works!)
    Yellow calipers
    Stitched Cavallinos (make sure to specify the one on the rear seat, because it doesn't come with the headrest ones... Ask me how I know.)
    Black carpets with central tunnel in leather (Cuoio)
    Shields

I ordered stock 19inch wheels, then upgraded. I think there are better wheel options out there at comparable prices.

I also got the GTO grille and added Novitec springs to a 1 inch drop. Will probably take it up .25 inches at next visit to dealer.

Hope it helps!!!

Congrats BTW!

J