any discount off MSRP? | FerrariChat

any discount off MSRP?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by patatty, May 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patatty

patatty Rookie

May 22, 2012
    This might be a dumb question, but do dealers discount off MSRP? this would be for a 2013 model. Thanks.

2. letsgo

letsgo Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    California
    It's been MSRP or above for me.

3. rainforest

rainforest Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
  4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Above? Good grief. I've had several dealers (well, 3 actually) qoute me delivery times in 2013 and the discussion was always at sticker...shop around (or hold your ground) if they try to get above MSPR on a Cali is my advice.

Fwiw, by way of forward looking speculation, my crystal ball tells me that Ferrari V8s are not that far away from discounts to sticker...credit here to Jim G. who has been saying this for a few months (at least). On a only somewhat related topic, I saw several brand new Lambos and Astons with 10-20% discounts from sticker listed on the window "sale" price this past weekend. Now, I understand they have different markets in some respects to Ferrari. But, IMHO they are similar in some regards as well and reflect - early for sure - the coming market for luxury cars. Its a guess, YMMV.

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    ....paying MSRP is over for all F-cars except limited edition models...and maybe even then....

6. K1Spyder

K1Spyder Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    Ft Luderdale
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Lambo's and Astons have been discounted for years. About three years ago I was offered a 25% discount off a new Lambo by the dealer I don't think that has any indication as to what you would get on a Ferrari.

7. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I would be very interested to see if that happens for real.... I doubt it though to be honest as they have been posting year after year since the crisis increased sales and income.

I am sorry but you can't compare Astons and Lambos with Ferrari's market. Much smaller markets, been suffering for years, lost almost half of their sales during the crisis....

8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Oregon Ferrari Dealer....$10k off MSRP.

9. patatty

patatty Rookie

May 22, 2012
    I have been told that you must order a new Ferrari from the dealer nearest you, and that you can't really shop around. I am in NJ, so can I order from Oregon? When I ordered my 911 C4 Cab, I basically called around and found the dealer with the best deal and purchased over the phone. What to do here?

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Some are of the opinion that one would get better service if they purchase their car from the local dealership under the assumption that one is going to service their F-car at their nearest dealership. That being said, I purchased my Cali through a private party sale and my dealership service has been excellent. I don't get invited to every single dealership cocktail and launch party but that doesn't bother me.

If you are looking at getting another Ferrari in the future, it is worth it to get your cars from the dealership as this may put you farther up on the list should you order a 458 or F12 in the future. My friend was specifically told that he could not order a new 458 coupe unless he purchased a Continental GT from the same dealership first. Total BS to me, especially since he traded in a 2012 918 Turbo S with 500 miles and a 2011 GT3 RS with 1000 miles for the CGT. But apparently that's the game some dealerships play.

11. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    You must buy from your local dealers - there are usually 2 within your vicinity - you cannot buy from Oregon

12. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Unless it's preowned of course

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you want to buy a new car, you have to buy it from your dealer in your territory. You cannot shop around

If you want a used car, you can buy that from any dealer in the US. But, all new cars must be purchased from your local dealer.

There is no way around it. If you try, the other dealer will just turn away your business. FNA has big penalties to dealers who would try it.

14. ReelMan

ReelMan Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Ferrari, as a top-line brand, has certain rules if you are buying new. They have a built-in protection for the dealer network. When you order new, you are required to show proof of residency in that dealer area. A dealership is not going to lose its franchise over this.

I have found, over time, that there is no getting around the rules. (1) You generally buy a used Ferrari to get in line for a new one from that dealership. (2) You are supposed to show that you live in the dealer area before delivery of a new vehicle. (3) Virtually all dealers sell new at invoice. They have a car, you want the car, that dealership is the only place that you can buy it. No competition. You either buy it, or you don't. (4) This company is not hurting for sales-they can barely keep up as it is, and the product is limited to the capacity that Ferrari deems in their best interest.

This is Ferrari, not Costco. You don't get to "shop" for a deal. :)

And I learned most of this from The Mayor, above....

15. mlad1101

mlad1101 Rookie

Jan 20, 2012
    Assume you mean at MSRP.

16. ReelMan

ReelMan Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Correct. Sorry, brain freeze..

17. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
  18. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    As mentioned by others you have to buy from the dealer near you...there are exceptions if you own more than one home and if one of those homes is no where near a dealer...

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It is my understanding if you live more then i think 100 miles from a dealer you can buy new from any dealer in the country. I live 200 miles front the nearest dealer so I can buy from any dealer ..

20. GFD

GFD Karting

Aug 24, 2014
    Northern California
    So is it still true that there is mostly no discount off MSRP?

21. Jbswain

Jbswain Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jb swain
    Just bought 2013 with msrp of $245 for $190. Previously titled with 1300 miles. Why buy new? Find what you want at non-Ferrari dealer.

22. Lfpontes

Lfpontes Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    São Paulo
    Full Name:
    Luiz.
    Here in Brazil we have only one dealer.

A top spec F12 (aluminum matt paint, full carbon options etc) MSRP is R$ 3.2 mil, or US$ 1.4 mil.

This exact car can be had around R$ 2.95 mil, or US$ 1.294

Roughly 8% off

23. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    1,3 million dollars ? are u nuts ? For an F12 ?

24. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Check his location...it's expensive to buy an import.

25. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    MSRP for new, unless you find a car that's been on the lot a while (ie buyer backed out) then some discounts can be had for savy cash buyers