New floor mats from Exoticare | FerrariChat

New floor mats from Exoticare

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by drjon, Jan 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #1 drjon, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just got my new Cali floor mats made custom from Andrew at Exoticare! They turned out amazing! Black carpet with leather edging. Prancing horse embroidered in silver. Driver's side has leather heel pad leather with carbon look. Passenger side carpet extends up foot wel. This is particularly great if you do not have the metal foot plate. Factory clips also installed to fit existing ones preventing slippage. I also had rear mats made since my daughter goes in/out the back.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mjc_123

mjc_123 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2010
    NYC - Long Island
    looks nice! thanks for sharing. can you tell us how much? also, do they match your carpet color? if so, what was the process to make them match?

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Nice! Do you have a link or instructions? I could only find an "Exoticare" that sells leather floor mats. I'd rather have carpets like yours.

4. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I paid about $400.00 for the front and $150.00 for the rear. The place you looked at is the correct place. They specialize in leather mats but do lots of carpet and suede too. The color match was great, in my opinion.

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks. I ordered a set today.

6. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How did you spec them?!

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    My car is Silverstone with Nero interior with Grigio Chiaro contrast stitching. I ordered black mats (front only) with black borders and black thread. I thought the driver side heel pad wasn't large enough so asked that mine be larger. I ordered the extra length passenger side mat because I don't foresee later adding the aluminum footrest there. The cavallinos will be a contrasting silver-grey, which should match or at least compliment the seat and dash stitching. A "California" script will accompany the cavallino on the passenger side, but there is not enough room to add that to the driver's side after enlarging the heel pad, so the script will only be on one side. OEM clips to keep them in place. I think this should look good. I will post pics once I get the mats. Andrew was great to deal with.

8. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good call on the driver's heel pad size. I think it should have been double the size because the strip is thin, although it does do the job. Post your pics!

9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #9 Need4Spd, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. mhirsch

mhirsch Rookie

Dec 16, 2012
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Mark Hirsch
    Great Mats!! Does Andrew have a phone number or email address so I get start some ordered for my 430.. Thank you!!

11. Exoticare

Exoticare Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 8, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew @ Exoticare
  12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #12 Need4Spd, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  13. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Beautiful... Well done!

14. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I also have questions, I sent an email...

Al

15. fuoco

fuoco Rookie

Feb 21, 2013
    Surrey, UK
    As my car has alcantara carpets as well as mats, i decided to have something similar to yours made before i saw you pics. The 4 mats are being made now but i specified the Ferrari shield as on the wing to be embroided in the centre. I like your carbon style leather heel section.

16. Skippy

Skippy Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Need4Spd - those look WAY better than the ones on their website. Nice job on the design! My Cali is the same color config as yours too, which is cool.

I see you got ExotiCARe to delete that goofy rectangular pillow they seem to love to install. Nothing on the car is rectangular so it looks horribly out of place, not to mention that the left seam seems to be in-line with where your heal would be for the dummy pedal.

Do you have pictures of your backseat mats installed, by chance? That's what I really need. The factory mats are fine for me (although I might get WeatherTech.com mats for winter) but I need rear mats. I have kids in there often and I want to protect the carpets.

Thanks!

17. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Skippy, they did a great job on my mats, though I'm not sure what the "rectangular pillow" is you're talking about. There is a heel pad on the driver's side, which I asked they make larger since their pad seemed, well, too thin. I did not get rear seat mats since in my family, nobody sits back there. They really do look terrific, and I highly recommend them.

18. Skippy

Skippy Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle, WA
  19. Skippy

Skippy Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle, WA