California Baby Seat ! | FerrariChat

California Baby Seat !

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TheMalibuDriver, Jun 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMalibuDriver

TheMalibuDriver Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Aka Malibuguy
    #1 TheMalibuDriver, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Where is the room for the legs!

3. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Awesome!

What brand/model is the seat and where did you purchase it from?

Thanks,
    Jon

4. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    This is the Ferrari seat from their website with an outrageous price

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    It's not mine. I just happened to notice it when I was taking my car in for service.

And yes the passenger seat should have been moved forward to give the baby seat a little more leg room.

6. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    #6 mtarvydas, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    I am pretty sure those are meant for the front seat as it has an airbag sensor.

I had a "booster" seat made to match the leather and stitching in the back. My son is 7 and still will probably fit until the F12 arrives :)

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #7 4th_gear, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since it looks like people are interested in child seating for the California I am attaching a few pages from a booklet that came with my California 30. There's also another California thread on "2011-2012 California Manuals" where I mentioned the existence of this Safety Device Booklet. This booklet discusses the safety features of current Ferrari models and also describes provisions for child seating.

As you see there are very specific seats for front vs. rear application, weight categories. And for safety reasons, airbag deactivation of the passenger side air bag is pointed out regarding front child seat applications.

NOTE there seems to be a typo on page 17 where it refers to TAB 1 and TAB 2 on page 25. They are not on page 25 - it's actually page 19. There are no TABs on page 25 which discusses the 458 Spider.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Sgt93

Sgt93 Karting

Jun 11, 2011
    Thanks for posting the pics, makes me want to have another child just so I can order this seat :).

I'm sure the last passenger to ride in the vehicle was an adult in the front seat, and the reason why there is no leg room for the baby seat.

4th_Gear, thanks for the pics from your manual. Great info.

9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They had to make it in Rosso Corsa, didn't they. Maybe the driver is simply taken with the child seat, and there's no child at all. :D

10. Sgt93

Sgt93 Karting

Jun 11, 2011
    Haha, very possible!

11. Miguelmoia

Miguelmoia Rookie

Aug 18, 2016
    Lisbon
    Full Name:
    miguel moia
    i have a California T, and I don't wich seat I should buy to match in the rear of the car. my son have 2 year old and 11kg. can anyone hep me?
    thank you