2010 California Value | FerrariChat

2010 California Value

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by spazz27, Sep 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but what would be considered a solid value for a 2010 California nicely equipped. Not "fully fully loaded", just the typical options.

Considering a trade and I'm finding quite a range for similarly equipped cars with similar mileage.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

a.

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I traded in my 2010 Cali recently. Can you provide MSRP, mileage, color, options and whether you are interested in trade-in value or retail price?

3. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi,

I'm actually looking to buy a California but because I see such a wide range in asking price, I thought I'd see what the groups experience has been.

For example, would $170k be too high, or really low, etc. for a 2010 with the usual options?

Not fully loaded, but with the 20" wheels, Daytona seats, maybe rear view camera etc.

a.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #4 4th_gear, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Not sure why anyone would be interested in prices if they're not interested in buying (or selling). Are you into collecting statistics or something else? :)

5. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    This doesn't make sense.

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I think that's in the ball-park, probably $160s depending on options and negotiation skill. There is a nero/nero 2011 with 6k miles, loaded going for $168k probably could be purchased for $160k on consigment here. MSRP $230k and pristine example.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I think the price varies with the miles and other factors on a california for example a very low mileage car with say less then say 5000 miles is probably worth 5 to 10 thousand more than a car with 10 to 15000 miles over 15000 and the price would fall accordantly . I would think 170 could be high but in the 160 to 170 is probably reasonable for well equipped typical mileage car. I am assuming the car is in excellent condition and never wrecked . If a car is wrecked the price would drop a bunch..
    I also think it is possible to by a nice california for under 160k....
    So you are in the ball park..IMHO

8. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thanks! That was very helpful!

9. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thanks to you too, that too is what I was hoping to get a grasp on...

10. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thanks to all the replies so far... all have been very helpful. Getting a much better idea of what would be overpaying or not :)

11. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I will agree that as long as it has not been wrecked you cannot go wrong. If you are looking at an investment though, buy gold or something other than a Ferrari! If you ever resell it plan on depreciation! Depreciation is NOT a dirty word as long as you have been smart and driven her almost EVERY day! I have a CL550 lease that cost me over $60K, that is serious depreciation and it is only :) a Mercedes. An investment might be a 275 in a trailer that you NEVER drive and you bought for only $900K. But you still can not count on selling even a 275 for a profit!

Find a Cali that you like that has not been wrecked at a price that you can afford, buy it, and drive the hell out of her! Fun and the Ferrari Experience is what this is about for me.

Rick

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    well said

13. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I agree Rick... I bought a Porsche Carrera back in 2000... Had it until 2010 when I traded it in for my 430... It depreciated, but I obviously drove it and enjoyed it and calculating the trade-in value and what it cost me to buy, my true cost was less than $500/mo over the 10 years.

I consider that a great investment and I feel exactly the same way with the California.

I just want to get a gage of what a correct price is. No point in paying too much because I wasn't prepared.

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    TO add to this topic I would advise that a Ferrari is probably not a car that you will steal usually if you pay way under the market there will be a reason that you will eventually find out The people that bought these cars new (myself included) are normally real car people that recognize the fun factor is what we are buying . I would be more interested in finding the car you want more then just finding a car that is way below market . for what its worth ;so what if you pay 5 to 10K more then the super cheap deal you may find someone else got , buy the best car you can afford that you also like and I promise you will be making the right decision.....

15. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    When I sold my first Cali (an early 2010) after 1.5 years of ownership I priced it probably $20K below the average advertised price and sold it within three weeks even with almost 30,000 miles on it. Someday I may do the same with my 2012 Cali. Mine happen to be very well taken care of, just driven a LOT :D. But since today it is near 70 degrees and severe clear I'm really glad I still have her!

All the best in your search! Don't wait forever, life can be way too short.

Rick

16. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thanks to all... great advice and I'm not the waiting kind... I agree, life's too short not to drive a Ferrari :)

I have a couple cars that look good on my radar. They're interested in my 430 (which happens to be a great condition car and they know it), so if all goes well, soon, the swap will happen :)

17. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    My 2010 nicely equipped (226k sticker) with 6000 miles and the extended warranty sold 3 weeks ago for $175k. I already miss it however have the deposit down on the new one. 2 year wait? Agony.

18. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Be sure to post photos of your California when you get it!

Rick

19. spazz27

spazz27 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    ...well, it's been a while since my last post, but finally got the deal done and now have a California... :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    I dont think there is sense in waiting 2 years

21. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    As much as this is painful, i agree with Marmist, I pre-traded the Maserati 4 months early, and did not drive her for 6 months prior for fear of putting on Mialage. Get a car, drive the car, when your car comes in in 2 years or so, trade it in. Life is way to short to keep waiting when you can have it now :) I saw a nicely optioned white cali on autotrader :)

22. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    Here I got mine MY2012 fully loaded 800km on the odo for $350k.

23. dacmaniac

dacmaniac Rookie

Dec 26, 2014
    Kuwait
    I recently bought a Cali 2010 with Hamann kit (fenders, wing and exhaust system), extended warranty, new tires/brakes , full interior carbon fibre package for around $130K. Only 'problem' was its high mileage of approx 62K Km.
    Compared to market here, it was a steal: most 2010/2011 had really low mileage, no extended warranty and no carbon interior (assuming that's what gives it extra value) but valued at $150-170K (but non were red, mine is 😏)
    I guess for a Ferrari, u really wouldn't find a lot of 'deals', if it's 5-10K above/below market its worth a buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    #24 MARMIST, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    what has the poor guy done to you :(

unless you're talking about an F12, u been ripped

>: (

25. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    #25 agustinush777, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes sir that is what we have to pay here after the gov imposed 300% tax on exotics.

F12, speciale, FF will require at least 1 mill.

And w/ the current rate fluctuations price has gone up again. :eek:

I live by the beach. So, I did this to preserve the condition. Whatta pita.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login